Finals complete pool season
THE DP Leisure Pool League Winter 2007/8 finals night at Zen Night Club ended the season.The evening started with the finals of the men's and mixed doubles.
THE DP Leisure Pool League Winter 2007/8 finals night at Zen Night Club ended the season.
The evening started with the finals of the men's and mixed doubles. In the mixed doubles A Lewis and L Pinches (Arches) were in excellent form and ran out 3-0 winners over D Hasley and L Wassell (Lacon Arms).
In the men's doubles G Lee and G Adams (Arches) won 4-1 in a very one-sided match in which S Jones and T Burrell (Lacon Arms) never really got going.
In the Landlords' final, E Howells (Prince Regent) won a very sporting match 3-2 against A Smith (Flints).
The Landladies' final was another close, friendly match with some interesting shots that changed the match, D Woodward (Quayside Tavern) winning 3-2 against R Howells (Prince Regent).
The ladies' doubles finals brought together two previous champions J Bullent and B Nelson (Merlins) and L Smallwood and K Brown (Three Tuns). And in another close match with both pairs missing many chances the Merlins pair won 3-2.
- 1 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 2 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
- 3 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 4 7 delicious places to eat in Great Yarmouth's Regent Road
- 5 Investigations continue after body part of man found on Yarmouth beach
- 6 Cyclists embark on challenge from Gorleston to London
- 7 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
- 8 Great Yarmouth roadworks expected to be finished by the end of the month
- 9 £65,000 of improvements will see Gorleston street closed for six weeks
- 10 'Revolutionary' cancer test trial to begin in Great Yarmouth
The ladies' singles final also went all the way with L Pinches (Arches) winning 3-2 on the last black of the match to beat B Wheeler (Prince Consort).
In the men's singles final the advantage swung back and forth between two competitors playing really well, and went all the way to the seventh frame before S Jones (Lacon Arms) finally got the better of P Burrows (Prince Consort) 4-3.
The DP singles was won by A Lacey (Merlins) playing against S Crosby (Arches). The frames were almost the same, Steve going for clearances making one mistake, and Aaron, who was in sparkling form, took all the opportunities in style to run out the 4-0 winner.
The league presentations were made by Derek Silom of DP Leisure, the league sponsors.