Five-win Honey is star of Yarmouth Swimming Club show
At Thetford on Sunday Great Yarmouth swam in the Nifty Fifties Gala. There were four age groups 9,10,11,12, and the club came away with 13 firsts, 12 seconds, nine thirds, and eight fourth places.
Star of the gala was Honey Harvey, winning all her five races. Hot on her heels was Tommy Chandler with four firsts and fourth in breastroke.
Lauren James continues to get amongst the medals with a first place breastroke and two seconds fly and I/m.Jenna Utting won both the fly and the freestyle, but was pushed into second place in her other three races.
Morgan Clarke came in with his best swim yet to win the backstroke and a fourth in the I/M. Oliver Tedstone in four close finishes came second in each event. Grace Leech continues her improvement with a second in the I/M and three thirds, back, breaststroke and fly.
Alexander Goff swimming in all five events got a second, three thirds and a fourth. Joseph Windsor Freeman was always in contention in all his races and finished with a third and three fourth places.
You may also want to watch:
Billy Heseltine and Ryan Webb both had pbs with Billy second in I/M and third in backstroke and Ryan third in fly. Hannah Ingham and Harry Grice both with pbs were unlucky not to be in the first three, but both did well for their fourth places.
Swimming their best and finishing in the first six were Thomas Clarke, Reisha Farman, and Hollie Haylett.
- 1 Ho, ho...go! Santa sleigh run going ahead with rule of six
- 2 'Appalling' - bid for flat-pack flats sparks anger on coast
- 3 'How much money has been spent?' - Street lamp lit for 12 years still not fixed
- 4 Norfolk hospital records first Covid-related death in five days
- 5 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 6 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 7 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 8 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 9 Anger as pranksters set boats adrift at Norwich Riverside
- 10 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
To join the club ring Nigel 01493377906