Gorleston Hurricanes fly Norfolk & Suffolk Youth League flag at county level
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk and Suffolk Youth League teams experienced mixed emotions in County Cup competitions.
Goals from Brady, Oliver and Travis proved to be enough for the Hurricanes of Gorleston to overcome Taverham 3-0 in the John Savage Cup.
Sadly Shrublands could not progress in the same tournament, losing 6-2 to Attleborough at Southtown Common.
Mitchell’s goal for Bohemians Galaxy in the Stuart Dracup County Cup was not enough as they lost 5-1 at home to St Andrews.
In the domestic cups goals from Jack, Jay and two from Reece proved enough for Loddon to record a 4-1 home win over the Comets of Kirkley & Pakefield who had Connor on target in the under 15 cup semi-final.
Acle had Ben to thank for securing a place in the semi-final of the under 15 shield in a 1-0 win over Martham.
The under-15 Hurricanes team of Gorleston Rangers had much more breathing space in their shield match, winning 12-0 at Waveney Tigers.
- 1 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
- 2 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 3 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 4 Investigations continue after body part of man found on Yarmouth beach
- 5 Cyclists embark on challenge from Gorleston to London
- 6 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 7 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 8 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 9 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 10 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
Beccles Town Wasps are the sole surviving Division Three team in the under 15 shield after goals from Robin, Max, Jay and Scott proved too much for Mutford and Wrentham in a 4-1 away win.
The under 13 cup final is now settled as goals from Charlie, Harlen along with two each for Joshua, Sonni and Kai for Hawks of Gorleston Rangers proved too much for the Wasps under 13 team in a 8-0 home win. They will meet old rivals Shrublands who despite goals from Jack and Lewis for Loddon Real won 4-2 to set up what should be a great final.
Kirkley & Pakefield Cobras needed a penalty shoot-out to book their place in the under 12 cup final. Seeking a league and cup double they saw off the Golden Eagles team of Gorleston Rangers after a 0-0 draw.
Gorleston Rangers Hawks made sure the club would be represented in the under 12 final as goals from Billy, Thomas, Luca and Toby booked their place in the final with a 4-0 home win over Caister, which again sets up a Kirkley v Gorleston final at Emerald Park.
Scorers at under-seven level included Rory and Charlie are for Acle, Jayden and Shay for the Kestrels of Gorleston Rangers, Lennie and Travis for the Cavaliers of Kirkley, Noa and Alex for the Wasps of Beccles and Joshua and Gilly for Sole Bay.