Force is with rugby club
Rugby in Great Yarmouth gained a huge boost as Broadland-Great Yarmouth RFC took part in the National RBS Rugby Force Day.Rugby Force is part of a national programme to improve club facilities.
Rugby in Great Yarmouth gained a huge boost as Broadland-Great Yarmouth RFC took part in the National RBS Rugby Force Day.
Rugby Force is part of a national programme to improve club facilities. Last Saturday saw a team of 30 volunteers undertake a number of improvements at the club following financial assistance and in-kind support from RBS, Travis Perkins (Great Yarmouth), GYB Services and Great Yarmouth Borough Council.
The volunteers set to work extending the car park by 30 spaces, installing racks and shelving for training equipment as well as repairs and maintenance around the club.
This ensured it is ready for the 2010/11 season.
The end-of-season dinner takes places tonight, and if any tickets are left, it may be possible to obtain through the club website www.broadlandrfc.com
The club is running informal rugby tag sessions for anyone who is interested in playing rugby.
- 1 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 2 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 3 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 4 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 5 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 6 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 7 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 8 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 9 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 10 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
The non-contact sessions take place on Wednesdays
7-8.30pm throughout June.
Playing members return to pre-season training on Wednesday, July 7, players new and old are always welcome and the session run 7- 9pm and will continue on Monday and Wednesdays throughout July and August.
The club's general meeting takes place on June 21 at 7pm in the clubhouse.