Four signings for Bloaters
- Credit: Archant
Great Yarmouth Town Football club joint first team managers Adam Mason and Martyn Sinclair have been organising playing staff for the 2015/16 season by securing the majority of last season’s squad and bringing in new signings.
Last season’s squad that finished fourth in the Thurlow Nunn Division One have on the whole committed to another season.
Manager Mason said: “When any manager leaves for another club there is always the danger that existing players will follow but we have been pleasantly surprised with how many have said they want to stay and have already put pen to paper.
“The priority for both myself and Sinny after we were appointed was to focus on re-signing the current crop so having secured the majority we feel we have reached a major milestone in our plans.”
With the continuity from last season’s squad secure the new management duo have added four new signings, all four looking very impressive in pre-season training.
Full back Thomas Daniels joins the Bloaters after 122 appearances for Gorleston having also played for Diss Town in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division.
Liam Hembling is an experienced goalkeeper and a safe pair of hands between the sticks having made 20 appearances for Gorleston last season and young forward Sean Perfect also crosses the river from the Green side.
- 1 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 2 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 3 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 4 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 5 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 6 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 7 Pleasure Beach to hold fireworks spectacular for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 9 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 10 'Spectacular' parade of horses to celebrate Queen's Jubilee on Golden Mile
Striker Tom Cullumbine, 19, makes the switch from Blofield United where he was top scorer in the Anglian Combination Premier Division last season.
Mason added: “We are pleased with the new arrivals to add to what we have. We know we don’t need to make wholesale changes but these lads will help the existing strong group”.
With the possibility of a couple more new signings before the campaign starts on August 8, the Bloaters are hopeful of being well prepared for the new season with the pre-season friendly schedule kicking off on Sunday week, July 11, away at local side Harleston Town.