Future looking bright as teenagers grab their places in Bloaters’ squad
- Credit: PA
Great Yarmouth Town are planning for the future in a big way.
The Bloaters included five 16-year-olds, a first for the club at this level, in the squad for the game against Newmarket at the weekend.
Midfielders Will George and Tom Sims, winger Tom Hunter defenders Alex Sawyer and new signing Lewis Johnson wer involved in the game, which ended in a 2-0 win for the visitors.
All, apart from Johnson, had tasted first team football but it was the first time they were all in the same squad.
Joint-managers Adam Mason and Martyn Sinclair have also given debuts to 16-year-olds Mo Omar and Marley Flute.
You may also want to watch:
Mason said: “We have crafted ourselves an opportunity having surpassed everyone’s expectations for this season to have a look at a few lads that are banging on the door, training well and working hard.
“It’s not to say we are taking our foot off the pedal, far from it. We are winners.”
- 1 'Appalling' - bid for flat-pack flats sparks anger on coast
- 2 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 3 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 4 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 5 Woman missing from residential home found 'safe and well' after search
- 6 Fresh bid to knock down village pub for homes and shops
- 7 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 8 Boy, aged one, who suffered severe burns now 'looking forward to Christmas'
- 9 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 10 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer