Gorehams in fine form
Belton Sunday beat Cromer by 149 runs in the Mid-Norfolk Sunday League
Belton’s rise up the table was confirmed on Sunday as they overcame a sporting Cromer side at the Common.
Grabbing the chance to bat first, Belton were off to a good start courtesy of George Savoury and Wayne Goreham. Nineteen was on the board in only two overs when Savoury was bowled. Richard Goreham smacked a quick 30 runs as Wayne went serenely on to a good half-century before eventually nicking one to the keeper for 83.
Phil White got in on the act with 60 not out and with Boby Thomas (10 not out) and Gavin Moar (10) the score raced to 254 for six from 40 overs.
With rain in the air, Cromer sportingly started their innings and were soon in difficulties with White, Moar and Cameron Nichols in miserly form.
You may also want to watch:
After O Kimber’s 33 and A Craske’s 21 the innings fell apart with only two other batsmen reaching double figures. Adam Savoury snapped up four catches behind the wicket.
Gavin Moar’s 10 overs cost only 16 runs and included five maidens. Richard Goreham snaffled five for 26 from 8.1 overs. In the damp gloom Belton ran out winners by 149 runs.
- 1 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 'One of the most generous people' - Family pays tribute to town 'legend'
- 4 Girl, 13, injured in hit-and-run outside village shop
- 5 'Nothing worse than shut shops': Relief in Great Yarmouth as lockdown lifts
- 6 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 7 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 8 Cash and jewellery stolen in Gorleston burglary
- 9 'An absolute shock' - clifftop cafe closed amid demolition fears
- 10 Police cordon at cafe and beach ahead of demolition
Belton: G Savoury b J Van Gruening 8, W Goreham c O Kimber b G Warner 83, R Goreham c O Kimber b T Jackson 31, A Savoury b H Winn 23, P White not out 60, R Ashling st O Kimber b G Zelos 1, G Moar c-b G Zelos 10, B Thomas not out 10; extras 28, Total (6 wkts) 254.
Cromer: O Kimber b P White 33, A Craske c A Savoury b G Moar 21, G Zelos c A Savoury b R Goreham 7, H Wynn run out 2, G Warner c A Savoury b R Goreham 0, T Jackson b R Goreham 5, J Zelos c A Savoury b R Goreham 0, J Van Gruening b R Goreham 11, A Van Gruening not out 22; extras 4. Total 105. Bowling: P White 7-1-24-1, C Nichols 5-0-36-0, G Moar 10-5-16-1, R Goreham 8.1-3-26-5.