Gorehams in fine form
Belton Sunday beat Cromer by 149 runs in the Mid-Norfolk Sunday League
Belton’s rise up the table was confirmed on Sunday as they overcame a sporting Cromer side at the Common.
Grabbing the chance to bat first, Belton were off to a good start courtesy of George Savoury and Wayne Goreham. Nineteen was on the board in only two overs when Savoury was bowled. Richard Goreham smacked a quick 30 runs as Wayne went serenely on to a good half-century before eventually nicking one to the keeper for 83.
Phil White got in on the act with 60 not out and with Boby Thomas (10 not out) and Gavin Moar (10) the score raced to 254 for six from 40 overs.
With rain in the air, Cromer sportingly started their innings and were soon in difficulties with White, Moar and Cameron Nichols in miserly form.
After O Kimber’s 33 and A Craske’s 21 the innings fell apart with only two other batsmen reaching double figures. Adam Savoury snapped up four catches behind the wicket.
Gavin Moar’s 10 overs cost only 16 runs and included five maidens. Richard Goreham snaffled five for 26 from 8.1 overs. In the damp gloom Belton ran out winners by 149 runs.
- 1 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 2 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 3 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 4 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 5 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 6 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 7 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 8 Man to be sentenced next month over Norfolk pub attack
- 9 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 10 Gorleston traders remain positive despite cost of living crisis
Belton: G Savoury b J Van Gruening 8, W Goreham c O Kimber b G Warner 83, R Goreham c O Kimber b T Jackson 31, A Savoury b H Winn 23, P White not out 60, R Ashling st O Kimber b G Zelos 1, G Moar c-b G Zelos 10, B Thomas not out 10; extras 28, Total (6 wkts) 254.
Cromer: O Kimber b P White 33, A Craske c A Savoury b G Moar 21, G Zelos c A Savoury b R Goreham 7, H Wynn run out 2, G Warner c A Savoury b R Goreham 0, T Jackson b R Goreham 5, J Zelos c A Savoury b R Goreham 0, J Van Gruening b R Goreham 11, A Van Gruening not out 22; extras 4. Total 105. Bowling: P White 7-1-24-1, C Nichols 5-0-36-0, G Moar 10-5-16-1, R Goreham 8.1-3-26-5.