Gorleston 2 Stowmarket 1
THE game started at a frantic pace as Gorleston attacked from the start.Thomas Daniels linked well with Luke Goreham and Peter Lambert on the left and fired a first minute shot narrowly wide.
THE game started at a frantic pace as Gorleston attacked from the start.
Thomas Daniels linked well with Luke Goreham and Peter Lambert on the left and fired a first minute shot narrowly wide.
The Greens were forced into an early substitution with Craig Lewis replaced by Callum Webb, but this didn't affect their positive play.
After 16 minutes a long clearance from keeper Elliot Pride was superbly flicked on by Kevin Howes to Lambert who fired home from the edge of the box.
Three minutes later it was two, when a ball forward was flicked up by Mitch Forbes to Lambert. With the Stowmarket defence static appealing for offside, Lambert calmly lobbed the ball over the keeper into the net.
Kevin Howes had two chances in as many minutes, firstly striking the bar from only two yards out then scuffing a left foot shot wide.
- 1 Inquest held into death of Gorleston man aged 32
- 2 Palmers: What is the plan, and when will it be finished?
- 3 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 4 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 5 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
- 6 Four fire crews tackle flat blaze in Great Yarmouth
- 7 Former nurse died while on holiday on Norfolk coast
- 8 Broads' tragedy: Laura Perry inquest adjourned until end of year
- 9 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 10 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
Steve Taylor then forced the Stowmarket keeper into a good save just before the break.
The visitors started the second period on the front foot and Lamonte Cooper put a chance wide when it would have been easier to score.
Gorleston couldn't get their passing game together and both teams were hitting long balls, but Adam Thurtle and Lewis Hammond were equal to everything thrown at them.
When Gorleston did knock the ball around on the grass it usually involved stand in skipper Luke Goreham, but his crosses came to nothing.
Two minutes from time Stowmarket set up a tense finish when Gareth Ward's cross from the left found Kane Hughes sliding in to touch the ball in, but this proved purely a consolation.
Gorleston: Elliot Pride, DJ Kareche, Thomas Daniels, Craig Lewis, Lewis Hammond, Adam Thurtle, Mitch Forbes, Steve Taylor, Kevin Howes, Peter Lambert, Luke Goreham, used subs Callum Webb, Neil Hurren, Adam Mills.