Gorleston club serves up a treat
- Credit: Archant
Gorleston Lawn Tennis Club held its first open day and barbecue of the summer when more than 70 people enjoyed the day.
The youngsters were kept entertained with hitting warm-ups and games including ghost, roller ball, killer and lives.
Head coach Sam Noble, organised the fun doubles for the adults and older juniors. It was a round robin, with the top two pairs from each group going into the semi-finals.
The final saw Lucy and Georgette victorious, beating Sean and Bart 10-7.
Club chairman Mike Reynolds said: “The day was a enjoyed by all. It showed that being competitive in tennis is just one side of the sport. Our club promotes individuals and families to participate in all aspects of tennis and welcomes new members. Tennis is a sport that can be enjoyed all year and we want to encourage more people to take it up.”
You may also want to watch:
Visit the website www.gorlestontennisclub.co.uk for further information.
- 1 Vanishing village - Satellite images show incredible erosion at Winterton
- 2 9 Norfolk pubs with heated gardens for mixed households
- 3 Shocking dashcam footage shows man doing 129mph through village
- 4 Police cordon at cafe and beach ahead of demolition
- 5 'One of the most generous people' - Family pays tribute to town 'legend'
- 6 Girl, 13, injured in hit-and-run outside village shop
- 7 'An absolute shock' - clifftop cafe closed amid demolition fears
- 8 Parts of Norfolk may see snow by end of the week, say forecasters
- 9 A 'sad day for the village' as clifftop cafe is demolished
- 10 Farms, former rail lines and old buildings set to be sold off by council