Gorleston come from behind twice to pick up hard-earned away point

Kyle Ingram was in great form in Gorleston's 2-2 draw at Walsham-le-Willows in their previous Thurlo

Kyle Ingram was in great form in Gorleston's 2-2 draw at Walsham-le-Willows in their previous Thurlow Nunn League match. Next up is a Senior Cup trip to Mulbarton. Picture: David Hardy - Credit: Archant

Gorleston came from behind twice last Friday night to gain a point under the watchful eye of incoming manager Stewart Larter.

There were five changes from the line-up that lost narrowly at Stowmarket with no Charlie Hitch, Ismael Fatadjo, Elliott Hannant or Joel Watts. Also missing was Connor Deeks, who has moved to Wroxham.

In came Harley Clements, Isaac Burrage, Daniel Foreman, Luke Goreham and Jason Thompson.

The Greens fell behind to Walsham’s first real chance of the game in the ninth minute from a Gorleston throw in, with Jack Brame seizing on the ball and keeping his composure to slot home.

Gorleston were level three minutes later. The hosts half cleared from their box and when Mitch McKay’s first time volley was miscued it turned into a nice bit of control. He steadied himself before powering home a low drive from 20 yards.

Connor Ingram almost weaved his way through before Taurean Molloy picked up a header from Walsham’s first corner after 38 minutes. Ingram got in behind again on 44 minutes, knocked the ball around the keeper but the pair then collided together and the chance was gone.

Gorleston were slow to get going in the second half before they finally started to get the ball down and play, with Kyle Ingram impressing. But only one noteworthy chance was created, with Lambert unable to keep it down.

Most Read

Larter must have been reasonably impressed with some of the football he saw played at times but it was Walsham who regained the lead in the 78th minute.

Brame was too strong for the Gorleston defenders as he rode some challenges and knocked the ball in past the advancing Molloy.

Once again, though, Gorleston pegged them back four minutes later. A Connor Ingram corner was cleared to Goreham on the edge of the box and when his shot was charged down the ball was crossed back to Ingram who played it back first time to Lambert who managed to lift it over the keeper from close range.

The hosts had the better of the closing stages with Molloy saving well from Sam Peters.

Gorleston: Molloy, Clements, Kounnas, McKay (Gallant 77), Burrage (Pinheiro 52), Foreman, K Ingram, Goreham, Lambert, C Ingram, Thompson (Welton 87).