Framlingham Town 2 Gorleston 2: Fuller rescues point for Greens with injury-time goal

Gorleston take on rivals Great Yarmouth Town in tonight's Norfolk Senior Cup clash. Picture: DAVE HA

Gorleston take on rivals Great Yarmouth Town in tonight's Norfolk Senior Cup clash. Picture: DAVE HARDY - Credit: Archant

A goal three minutes into stoppage time earned Gorleston their first league point since the opening week of the season.

Stewart Larter made just one change from the 2-1 home defeat against Wroxham, with Elliott Hannant dropping to the bench and Peter Lambert coming into midfield.

Framlingham, bottom of the table and without a home league goal to their name, began the better down the slope and got their tally off the mark in the 17th minute.

The hosts were awarded a free-kick centrally which was played to the left of the box where it was nodded to Max Willet who hooked a volley into the roof of the net.

The Greens responded, with Nelson Carinhas having a shot blocked and Mitch McKay blazing the rebound over the bar.

Danny Camish then picked out Carinhas in the box. His shot was well saved by Gary Rose but the ball rolled out to Joel Watts who with the keeper stranded sidefooted wide.

Framlingham looked determined and seemed to want it more and they increased their lead in the 39th minute. A long ball down the left sent Alex Ling away and he cut inside onto his right foot and fired across goal into the far corner.

Most Read

Gorleston managed to get themselves back into the game a minute before the break.

A McKay free-kick for once wasn’t overhit and the ball bounced up nicely in the box for Lambert to glance a header past the keeper into the goal.

The Greens weathered an early storm in the second half and began piling on the pressure but found it difficult to break down the Castlemen defences.

Ross Gilfedder saw his header clawed away from the top corner by Rose before, at the other end, Danny Smith slid in at the back post and his effort smacked against the bar.

With time running out, a Watts corner three minutes into stoppage time was retrieved by Hannant who stuck the ball back into the mixer where fellow substitute Ryan Fuller pounced to smack the ball into the roof of the net and give his side a much-needed point.

Gorleston: George Parkin, Angus Mackie, Brady Philpott (Ryan Fuller 68), Peter Lambert, Jack Tipple (Elliott Hannant 86), Aarron Taylor (capt), Danny Camish (Jackson Ramm 73), Mitch McKay, Ross Gilfedder, Nelson Carinhas, Joel Watts.