Gorleston golfer Goffin racing towards Dubai
Patrick Goffin continued his unbeaten run as he recorded a victory over Cretingham’s Mark Turnbull at the tight and relatively short mid-Suffolk course in the Race to Dubai contest.
With the prospect of a trip to the Middle East drawing ever closer, Patrick now eagerly awaits the draw for the fifth round of the competition.
Club members continue to turn out in very good numbers for both Ladies and Men’s competitions at the club and the Stableford competitions were in the forefront.
The Ladies January divisional winners were Maureen Dark (Division One) 33 points, Sheila Sterry (Division Two) 33 points and Sheena Emrick (Division Three) 32 points.
In the Men’s Midweek competition Eddie Reid’s 36 points saw him to victory in Division One whilst Malcolm Shewan recorded an outstanding 45 points for victory in the second division.
Very satisfying was the fact that 93 members entered the competition.
The Men’s January Stableford also attracted 93 competitors who were relieved that the freezing weather did not reach the east coast and as a result, found the course in good condition for mid-winter golf.
- 1 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 2 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 3 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 4 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 5 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 6 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 7 Man to be sentenced next month over Norfolk pub attack
- 8 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 9 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 10 TV show filmed in Norfolk starring Ainsley Harriott to air this month
In Division One a 40-point return brought victory to Paul Platten whilst in Division Two both Ray Henwood and Richard Newman returned scores of 41 points with Ray snatching victory on countback. Peter Tindsley recorded 37 points to take Division Three honours.