Gorleston name new men at helm
GORLESTON Football Club held their annual meeting at Emerald Park on Friday when they announced the election of a new chairman and vice-chairman.
The new chairman is Reg Cadmore, a keen sportsman as well as a teacher.
Both he and twin brother Albert have been supporters of Gorleston for a long time – in fact Reg first saw the Greens play when he was five years old.
Vice-chairman Arthur Ottley has been at Gorleston for many years.
A former secretary, treasurer and volunteer for everything else that needed doing, he took a couple of seasons out but has returned to support the new chairman.
They are both looking forward to the forthcoming season, with the Greens newly promoted to the Ridgeons League Premier Division, with a pre-season friendly against Norwich City on Saturday, July 16, kick-off 3pm at Emerald Park.
Tickets for this game are available at �15 with �10 concessions and are available from Music Lovers, Gorleston High Street and Spick & Span at both Great Yarmouth and Caister High Street.
- 1 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 2 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 3 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 4 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 5 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
- 6 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 7 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 8 5 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Great Yarmouth
- 9 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
- 10 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
The clubhouse at Emerald Park will be open on Sunday between 10am and 2pm for sales.
Tickets can be obtained by credit card by ringing 01493 852713 on Sunday between 10am and 2pm.
Gorleston FC are still looking for sponsors for the forthcoming season.
Anyone who is interested is asked to please call 01493 600590 and leave a message. They will be called back.