Gorleston Parkrun reaches its eighth anniversary
- Credit: Archant
The Gorleston Cliffs parkrun has now been going for eight years - that’s 418 runs with 5,241 different participants.
This week 315 runners took part and Lowestoft runners Tom Galley (PB) and Karen Archbold led men and women home.
Darren Honour and Darren Barnes and Colleen Mukuya and Sabrina Norton filled the next two places respectively.
Joining the 50 club this week are Christine Muttitt (Bungay Black Dog) and Rob Bright, visiting from Kent to reach this landmark. New additions to the 100-club are Keith Kershaw, Mark Collins and Stephen Andrews.
PB stars were Adrian Simmonds (227th run), Sarah Withington (184th run) and Blaine Craddock (108th run).
You may also want to watch:
Full results and run details are on the http://www.parkrun.org.uk/gorleston/results/latestresults/ and the parkrun.org.uk websites.
A new running beginners group is being set up in Bradwell. Call Trevor on 07815 910021 or Chris on 01493 669179 for more details.
- 1 Furious villagers claim chicken farm was approved 'under the radar'
- 2 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 3 Bid for 33 homes approved as councillors rebel against recommendation
- 4 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 5 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 6 Stunning photos show seal pups and their mothers amid plea to keep a distance
- 7 'We will have to work at it' - mixed reaction as Great Yarmouth in tier 2
- 8 Hospital death toll from Covid-19 passes 150
- 9 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 10 'I think it's pretty fair' - Great Yarmouth people react to Tier 2 announcement