Gorleston Parkrun reaches its eighth anniversary
- Credit: Archant
The Gorleston Cliffs parkrun has now been going for eight years - that’s 418 runs with 5,241 different participants.
This week 315 runners took part and Lowestoft runners Tom Galley (PB) and Karen Archbold led men and women home.
Darren Honour and Darren Barnes and Colleen Mukuya and Sabrina Norton filled the next two places respectively.
Joining the 50 club this week are Christine Muttitt (Bungay Black Dog) and Rob Bright, visiting from Kent to reach this landmark. New additions to the 100-club are Keith Kershaw, Mark Collins and Stephen Andrews.
PB stars were Adrian Simmonds (227th run), Sarah Withington (184th run) and Blaine Craddock (108th run).
You may also want to watch:
Full results and run details are on the http://www.parkrun.org.uk/gorleston/results/latestresults/ and the parkrun.org.uk websites.
A new running beginners group is being set up in Bradwell. Call Trevor on 07815 910021 or Chris on 01493 669179 for more details.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 5 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 6 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 7 Killer shrimp 'no-fishing' barriers torn down by vandals in the Broads
- 8 'Too many holiday homes' - Residents object to conversion bid
- 9 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 10 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney