Gorleston Rangers Eagles come through a tough test
- Credit: Archant
There was a cracking under-16 match in the Norfolk and Suffolk Youth League between Gorleston Rangers Eagles and Beccles Town Bees as both teams served up an entertaining spectacle for the large watching crowd.
Chances were always going to be at a premium in a match between two good footballing sides but thanks to a penalty the Bees enjoyed a 1-0 lead at half-time.
The Eagles started pushing forward in the second period aided by the wind but the Beccles keeper was in excellent form and only a deflected shot gave the Eagles their equaliser.
Four quick strikes then put the match out of reach for the Bees and the 5-1 win moved the Eagles up to second in the table.
Sole Bay remain out in front after inflicting a season’s first defeat on Hemsby who had Oliver on the scoresheet while the Sole Bay forwards found the net seven times.
Dropping down one year to Under 15 Division Two Hemsby are out in front by six points as goals from Lewis and Samuel secured three points in a 2-0 home win in an exciting match with Acle.
Goals from Ben and Owen for the Deltas of Statham were matched with goals from Jack and Callum for the Barbarians of Kirkley & Pakefield in a 2-2 draw.
- 1 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 2 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 3 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 4 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 5 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 6 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
- 7 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 8 5 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Great Yarmouth
- 9 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 10 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
The NSYFL has over 150 teams playing development football and this week the focus is on one of the biggest age groups, the under-10 teams.
For Ormesby Jaiden and Harry scored for the Tigers and Aaron, Archie, Billy and Sonny for the Lions while for Corton, Reece and Oscar netted for the Owls and Ryan and Brazon for the Kestrels.
The youngsters at Kirkley & Pakefield had plenty to celebrate with goals from Frankie for the Dragons, Isaac and Sonny for the Jesters, Sam and Kyle for the Royals along with Oliver for the Knights and Jay and Cody for the Kings.
Rhiley was on target for Martham, scoring all their goals in last Sunday’s match, as was Kai for the Stalham Rapids and Charlie for Loddon, along with Oliver and Harvey for Sole Bay.
For Gorleston strikers Connor, Corbyn, Samuel and Buddy shone for the Hurricanes while Alexander found the net for the Typhoons.
On target for the under-10 Black Dogs of Bungay were Amber, Jed and Kiarno while Tommy scored twice for Caister Centurions and Kai was on target for Acle.