Gorleston youngsters take to the sands
Players from Gorleston FC's young teams took part in a run on Gorleston beach to raise funds for the club's youth set-up on Saturday.In the morning last season's U8As, U10Bs and U12s ran from the cliff tops to the yacht pond in the sand and sea, followed in the afternoon by the U9s and U14s.
Players from Gorleston FC's young teams took part in a run on Gorleston beach to raise funds for the club's youth set-up on Saturday.
In the morning last season's U8As, U10Bs and U12s ran from the cliff tops to the yacht pond in the sand and sea, followed in the afternoon by the U9s and U14s.
They managed to avoid the weather and had a very enjoyable run that will raise much needed funds for the young players.
The fitness of all the runners was of a very high standard and there were some surprises for the adults that took part to look after the players.
The main club gave the youth the opportunity to provide pre-match entertainment in the game against Norwich City with the two U10 teams, the U8s and U9s as mascots and the U13s and U14s taking the job of ball boys.
The U16s also assisted as car parking stewards on a well-organised, well-run and thoroughly enjoyable evening.
- 1 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 2 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 3 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 4 5 of the best places to spot celebrities in and around Yarmouth
- 5 First look as Ainsley Harriott and Grace Dent visit Yarmouth for TV show
- 6 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 7 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 8 Father still searching six months after Pawel Martyniak went missing
- 9 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 10 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
The young players were all very well behaved and made the evening flow much easier, they were a credit to the club.
The first team put on a good show and did well against a much stronger Norwich side. A big thanks went to go to Norwich City for coming to Emerald Park and giving the club the opportunity to host such a spectacular event.