Great Yarmouth SC youngsters shine at novice gala
- Credit: Archant
A large team of Great Yarmouth Swimming Club junior squad members took part in a novice gala at the Water Lane pool in Lowestoft.
There were some excellent swims during the evening, with many Great Yarmouth Swimmers leaving the gala with medals round their necks.
In the age eight and under category, Charlie Foulger had an outstanding night, winning three events; 25m backstroke, 25m breaststroke and 25m freestyle. Emma Land also did very well, coming away with a second place in the 25m backstroke and a third in the 25m freestyle.
The top performer in the girls nine and over age group was Alyssa Greenhall who swam strongly throughout the evening, earning first place in 25m butterfly, 25m backstroke and 100m individual medley along with a second place in the 25m freestyle.
Other notable performers who achieved top three placings were Isla Marshall who took a confident second place in 100m IM along with third place in 25m butterfly, 25m backstroke and 25m freestyle, Preethi Saravanan who gained first place in 25m freestyle and second place in 25m breaststroke and 25m backstroke, Ameila Dibble who took second place in 50m freestyle and third in 50m butterfly and Skye Nichols with a second place in the 25m butterfly.
For the boys, competing in the age nine and over category there were a number of excellent swims. Karthik Saravanan showed determination in winning the 25m breaststroke and 25m freestyle along with taking second places in 25m backstroke and 100m IM, Tom Barnes showed his potential with a good win in the 25m butterfly, second place in both 25m breaststroke and 25m freestyle and a third in 25m backstroke.
Jack Tate came away with three second places; 50m backstroke and 50m freestyle and two third places; 50m butterfly and 100m IM. Charlie Brown had a good evening winning, the 100m IM and gaining a second place in the 50m butterfly and third in the 50m backstroke and George Ross showed potential by winning the 25m backstroke.
- 1 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 2 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 3 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 4 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 5 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 6 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 7 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 8 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 9 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 10 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
Arvee Seetal swam with strength to win the 50m butterfly and Brad Secker showed real improvement to win the 50m freestyle. Morgan Twose took second in the 25m butterfly. Aidan Walker took second in the 50m breaststroke and Adam Platten third in the 25m Breaststroke.