Great Yarmouth Town recover from 2-0 down to come home with a point
- Credit: Archant
Aaron Sanders scored twice as Great Yarmouth Town came from two down to come away from Haverhill with a hard earned point.
The Bloaters travelled without four key players, the Glover brothers Joel and Josh, Vadim Costandachi and Lee Roots.
However there was a welcome return for Ollie Savage who came in at left back and a call-up from the Reserves for Connor Doddington. Young keeper Connor Milligan deputised between the sticks.
As the rained poured down the Bloaters went close when Sean Perfect’s ball into Mitch Forbes saw the striker’s effort drift wide.
In the seventh minute a throw from the right was flicked on and Wozniak fired into the net through a crowded area to put the hosts a goal up.
Rovers were on top in the early stages and it was no surprise when they doubled their lead when a cross from the left was met by Burr and he finished well from inside the six yard box.
Savage launched a response as Perfect slid the diminutive fullback in but his shot was just too high. The Bloaters were edging their way back into the game and were given an opportunity when Forbes was fouled on the edge of the area. Up stepped Sanders and he planted a perfect free-kick wide of the outstretched dive of keeper Turner.
- 1 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 2 5 of the best places to spot celebrities in and around Yarmouth
- 3 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 4 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 5 First look as Ainsley Harriott and Grace Dent visit Yarmouth for TV show
- 6 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 7 Father still searching six months after Pawel Martyniak went missing
- 8 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 9 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 10 The care home bringing people together in its own pub
Early in the second half a swift counter-attack saw Hadyn Davis sprint half the length of the pitch and his pass found Sanders who drew his man and found Forbes who finished well to make it 2-2.
Five minutes later the home side’s lead was restored when Enaro tricked his way through the defence and floated a cross that was met by Jebb to power home an unstoppable header.
Milligan then made a good stop before, in the 65th minute, some good interplay between Perfect and Forbes found the striker out on the wing. He stepped inside his marker and crossed into the box and Sanders appeared from nowhere to meet the ball with a glancing header to make it 3-3,
On the stroke of full-time a break by Perfect found Davis all alone in the penalty area but his shot was aimed directly at Turner who saved well.
Great Yarmouth Town: Milligan, Howell, Savage, Doddington, Ager, Andersen, Perfect, Applegate, Forbes, Sanders, Davis. Subs: Palmer, McAra, Ford, Holmes, Bond.