Greens bid to keep talisman Finch
Currently on a run of five games unbeaten, Gorleston will be in confident mood going in to tomorrow’s fixture when Hadleigh Utd visit Emerald Park for a league match.
Hadleigh are currently 14th after their victory at Yarmouth last week, which was their second victory on the road this season. They have had an inconsistent start to the season but have added experienced strikers Sam Banya and Stuart Jopling to their squad as the season has unfolded.
Like the Greens they currently have a number of players on the treatment table, including Banya, and also like the Greens, they recorded a 2-1 League Cup win in midweek, beating Brantham Athletic.
Mitch Forbes has returned to Gorleston after a brief spell at Gt Yarmouth and, although Christy Finch’s loan spell is due to end on Sunday, the Greens are hopeful of making his stay permanent but at the time of writing nothing has been announced.
The talismanic striker took his tally to six goals in four games by netting a match-winning hat-trick against Newmarket on Saturday,
Greens boss Richard Daniels said: “Mitch is a real player with a big future in the game at this level, and on a personal note I am delighted he has returned to Emerald Park.
“On the Christy Finch situation, we might have something to announce shortly.”
- 1 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 2 Inquest held into death of Gorleston man aged 32
- 3 Which Great Yarmouth roads are holding Jubilee parties
- 4 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 5 Palmers: What is the plan, and when will it be finished?
- 6 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 7 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 8 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 9 5 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Great Yarmouth
- 10 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
The draw for the Norfolk Senior Cup last week threw up a local derby for Emerald Park to enjoy with Gorleston paired against Mike Derbyshire’s Bloaters. This game will be played on Friday, November 25 (7.45 kick-off.)
The draw for the Norfolk Senior Cup last week threw up a local derby for Emerald Park to enjoy with Gorleston paired against Mike Derbyshire’s Bloaters.
This game will be played on Friday 25th November with a 7.45 kick off.