Greens put 100 per cent record on the line
Gorleston’s 100 per cent start to the season faces a stern test tomorrow when they travel to Needham Market for an FA Cup Preliminary Round tie.
Needham play in Ryman League Division One North and have reached that leagues play-offs for the last two seasons, narrowly missing promotion to the Ryman Premier last season when they lost to Enfield 0-1 in the play-off final.
The Suffolk side are also unbeaten this season in their two games, winning one and drawing the other.
There will be a coach leaving Emerald Park tomorrow morning at 1145 costing �5 a seat for supporters
Joint manager Richard Daniels was refusing to be carried away by his side’s flying start.
“We have a very good squad, all of whom are working hard, and hard work reaps rewards in the long run.”
He said. “We will continue to work hard, keep our feet on the ground and, boring as it sounds, take each game as it comes.”
- 1 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 2 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 3 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 4 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 5 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 6 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 7 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 8 Church glamping pod plan on ice as £626,000 funding bid awaits approval
- 9 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 10 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
Gorleston’s reserve side begin their league season, in the newly-named Thurlow Nunn Reserve League Premier Division, tomorrow with a home match against Brightlingsea Regent Reserves (kick-off 3).
The Reserves are at home again on Tuesday night when they embark on their quest to retain the Chell Trophy with a game against Dereham Reserves in the Chell Trophy North Group.
On Thursday 30th August Gorleston’s Under 18s, now managed by Glyn Hopkins and Colin Bray, begin their league campaign at Emerald Park against their Lowestoft counterparts.
n Yarmouth Town’s next two games bring a break from league action as they travel to Witham Town in the FA Cup preliminary round.
The following Saturday they entertain derby rivals Gorleston in the FA Vase. The Bloaters Reserves travel to Heybridge Swifts in the league tomorrow (3).