GYDAC run Worstead Five
IN the lovely setting of Worstead and surrounding countryside seven members of GYDAC took part in the annual Worstead Festival five miles road race.They were greeted with a very warm and close evening but David Goodwin ran his fastest time for many races, finishing in 112th place in 37:34.
IN the lovely setting of Worstead and surrounding countryside seven members of GYDAC took part in the annual Worstead Festival five miles road race.
They were greeted with a very warm and close evening but David Goodwin ran his fastest time for many races, finishing in 112th place in 37:34.
John England recorded 41:30 in 170th position another good run. Sue Ryles and Diane Clark finished together just missing the 50 minute mark.
In 271st and 272nd places they were timed at 50:02 both great efforts maybe this will spur Diane on to compete in more races.
Maureen England found the evening too hot and was timed at 51:39 in 287th place. Next lady was Elaine Haggarty who ran steadily to finish in 299th place in 53:13. Fifth lady runner Denise Goodwin ran a solid race finishing in 306th slot in 55:25.
There were 330 finishers in this popular race. It is supported well by the local residents and the cold showers en route were very welcome.
- 1 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 2 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 3 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 4 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 5 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 6 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 7 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 8 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 9 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 10 Church glamping pod plan on ice as £626,000 funding bid awaits approval
Next race is the Wibbly Wobbly Log Jog in Thetford Forest on Friday evening.