Half marathon set to beat last year’s entry
RUNNING: There have been 200 entries so far for the 21st Great Yarmouth Road Runners’ Adnams Half Marathon on Sunday, August 14, and organisers expect they could beat last year’s entry of 336.
Runners can enter online at www.gyrr.co.uk or the UK athletics website www.runbritain.com/onlineentry
The race HQ is at Gorleston FC’s Emerald Park on Wood Farm Lane and organisers say they appreciate their support as well as the Ormiston Venture Academy for parking facilities.
The route is of two laps taking in the villages of Browston, Lound and Flixton. Water stations are provided. The distance is accurately measured and timed for all entrants.
As well as the prize list, every finisher will get both a T-shirt and a well-filled goody bag.
Just like last year, Adnams Brewery are supplying every runner with a bottle from the range of Adnams Beers and many will win one of their spot prizes.
An additional sponsor this year is Pasquier Brioche and they are swelling the goody bags with a sample Pitch Chocolate Brioche and a drinks bottle for every runner.
- 1 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 2 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 3 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 4 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 5 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 6 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 7 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
- 8 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 9 5 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Great Yarmouth
- 10 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
Medical support is supplied by St John Ambulance.