Hat-trick of golds for judo girl
Fighting Fit Judo Club's Jemma Thomas was on top form at the area individual and team championships at Thetford.She won three gold medals to stake her claim as one of the area's top judo players.
Fighting Fit Judo Club's Jemma Thomas was on top form at the area individual and team championships at Thetford.
She won three gold medals to stake her claim as one of the area's top judo players.
This was the first competition that Dominic King, founder and coach of the judo club, had attended in his role as Norfolk county coach and was satisfied that his squad won gold in two of the three groups contested (senior ladies and junior boys) and won silver in the senior men's group.
Jemma fought individually in her own weight category of 52kg and won all her fights to win gold. She then went up a weight to 57kg, did the same again and then helped the Norfolk ladies' team to win the team gold medal, twice beating British national squad member Natasha Collins.
Jonathan and Mark Brown also gave good performances with Jonathan winning silver in the men's 60kg category and Mark winning silver in the boys' 66kg category.
Sydney Newnham-Stebbings, a member of Dominic's elite squad, was part of the Norfolk junior boys team that won the gold medal.
- 1 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 2 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 3 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 4 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 5 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 6 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 7 Former Game store earmarked as enterprise hub
- 8 Alcohol seized during police town centre community patrols
- 9 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
- 10 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
Fighting Fit Judo Club is open to all standards, ages, shapes and sizes and anyone wishing to take advantage of Dominic's vast experience of judo at national and international level and join the judo club can either visit the website www.FightingFitJudo.co.uk or email Dominic@FightingFitJudo.co.uk or ring him on 07977 432756 or 01493 664089.
Pictured is club coach Dominic King with Jemma, Jonathan and Mark. Picture: FFJC