Hemsby beat the rain
ON arrival at Ringsfield Playing Field Hemsby found a very long outfield and overcast skies.George Hudson won the toss and elected to bowl. He soon had the ball swinging and the openers playing and missing.
ON arrival at Ringsfield Playing Field Hemsby found a very long outfield and overcast skies.
George Hudson won the toss and elected to bowl. He soon had the ball swinging and the openers playing and missing.
Whatmough dropped a routine slip catch. Beccles openers Patrick and Wentworth took the score to 44 before Pugh bowled Patrick for 25.
He quickly removed Blower two balls later. Peter Tilbrook's introduction brought nine runs off his first over but when he bowled Wentworth, he quickly ran through the Beccles innings which subsided to 73 all out.
Hemsby's reply was positive but Hudson got a good ball from Cable, departing for nine. Colclough was dropped as Beccles captain Smith bowled well. Tilbrook departed for three and Maxwell for four but Colclough saw his side home with a well-played 54 not out.
Beccles were sporting throughout and for their general behaviour a two-point return was scant reward for their efforts.
- 1 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 2 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 3 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 4 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 5 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 6 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 7 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 8 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 9 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 10 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
This was the only completed game on Saturday in all leagues.
Man-of-the-match, Robert Pugh for a crucial breakthrough.