Hemsby win big
Hemsby won big at New Buckenham in Norfolk League Division Five. They made 244 for eight declared then bowled out their hosts for 83.After driving through several rainstorms Hemsby arrived to blue skies and sunshine.
Hemsby won big at New Buckenham in Norfolk League Division Five. They made 244 for eight declared then bowled out their hosts for 83.
After driving through several rainstorms Hemsby arrived to blue skies and sunshine. The captains decided on a 40-over game to give the pitch extra drying time.
New Buckenham put Hemsby into bat. They lost skipper Hudson in the second over with the score on 14 but Colclough joined Ryan and they put on 179 for the second wicket with Colclough making a beautiful hundred, finally being dismissed
Ryan followed soon after for 74 and some good hitting from Boylan, Tilbrook and Holmes helped Hemsby to 244-8 off 36 overs. Hudson declared as the clouds started to roll in.
Hemsby got the first wicket with a juggled catch by Ryan in second slip off Tilbrook. Boylan then got his first wicket in the next over.
- 1 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 2 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 3 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 4 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 5 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 6 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 7 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 8 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 9 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 10 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
New Buckenham kept playing their shots and with a mixture of good fortune and good strokes started to form a partnership.
Boylan, however, was proving too much of a handful, picking up 5-27 off his 10 overs.
This was backed up by Box who took 4-21, claiming three wickets in his third over and denying Rob Shepherd the chance to bowl an over.
D & K Hoardings and Partitions Man of the Match: Brett Colclough and Liam Boylan.
Hemsby: D Ryan c Halfacree B Thompson 74, G Hudson c Thompson B Halfacree 4, B Colclough c Miller B Thompson 109, L Boylan c Neville b Halfacree 19, R Shepherd c Ferry B K Connolly 0, A Maxwell c Ferry b K Connolly 0, P Tilbrook c Ferry b Thompson 17, T Holmes c Hardnick b Thompson 9, S Nicholson not out 1, A Kidd not out 0; extras 11. Total 244-8 dec. Bowling: J Neville 10-1-56-0, G Halfacree 6-0-46-2, A Thompson 8-0-61-4, C Connolly 4-0-46-0, K Connolly 8-1-33-2.
New Buckenham: T Hardwick c Ryan b Tilbrook 4, P Phillips b Boylan 0, K Connolly ct Hudson B Boylan 19, R Ferry b Boylan 4, A Ling b Boylan 18, A Thompson c Colclough B Box 2, C Connolly c Shepherd B Boylan 2, J Neville c Tilbrook B Box 6, N Frame not out 4, D Miller b Box 10, G Halfacree c Ryan B Box 0; extras 14. Total 83. Bowling: L Boylan 10-2-27-5, P Tilbrook 7-0-29-1, M Box 3-0-21-4.