Home start for Walsham
South Walsham CC are due to start their 2008 campaign with a home game against Halvergate on Sunday.The squad for the season remains largely the same with three players, Alex Evans, Dave Watkins and Garth Futter, clocking up over 30 years service and another three Neil Johnson, Andy Scales and Richard Whiteside over 20 years.
South Walsham CC are due to start their 2008 campaign with a home game against Halvergate on Sunday.
The squad for the season remains largely the same with three players, Alex Evans, Dave Watkins and Garth Futter, clocking up over 30 years service and another three Neil Johnson, Andy Scales and Richard Whiteside over 20 years.
It is hoped they don't suffer the number of injuries they had last year, with Neil Johnson and Chris Pyer out all season, while Andy Scales and Jon Moore both missed a part of the season with cricket-related injuries.
Batting should be okay, bowling will be spin and guile rather than pace while fielding will be good in parts.
Paul Woods takes over from Greg Loades as captain, with Greg now working away, which might affect his availability.
All the other officers in the club were re-elected at the AGM and there was a big thank you in particular to Dave Watkins who continues to produce an excellent wicket.
- 1 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
- 2 Roadworks will see a Gorleston road closed for three months
- 3 Mayor left waiting as cruise ship can not dock at Yarmouth due to winds
- 4 7 delicious places to eat in Great Yarmouth's Regent Road
- 5 Investigations continue after body part of man found on Yarmouth beach
- 6 Cyclists embark on challenge from Gorleston to London
- 7 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
- 8 Great Yarmouth roadworks expected to be finished by the end of the month
- 9 £65,000 of improvements will see Gorleston street closed for six weeks
- 10 'Revolutionary' cancer test trial to begin in Great Yarmouth
It is tour year this year, with Walsham off to Kent in late July to play five games in the Margate area. This is Walsham's 16th tour since the first one to Sussex in 1974.
Sponsors were thanked for continuing to support the club - Ray Norman, the president at the Upton White Horse, and Eastern Telephones.
Latest news can be found on the web site www.southwalsham.play-cricket. com