House system a sport day plus
SCHOOL SPORT: Caister High School’s annual sports day took place on Wednesday with pupils competing in a wide range of athletics events.
The morning saw field and middle-distance events with several records broken, noticeably Joe Salmon smashing the Year 9 boys’ 1500m record by over 30 seconds.
The afternoon brought a burst of showers, but the skies soon cleared and the whole school turned out to support and cheer competitors in the remaining track races.
The launch of Caister High’s house system added an extra dimension to an already highly-contested annual event and saw pupils representing one of four houses.
The atmosphere was fantastic and it was great to see senior pupils cheering and supporting younger pupils in their house. The day culminated with staff representing their houses in a fun race which was enjoyed by pupils and staff alike.
After a day of close competition, Yellow House narrowly beat Green House to first place.
Huge congratulations to all competitors and spectators for continuing to make Caister High School’s sports day such a fantastic event.
- 1 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 2 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 3 Car flips on to roof in three-vehicle crash in Yarmouth
- 4 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 5 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 6 Gorleston murder accused not yet fit to enter plea
- 7 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 8 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 9 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
- 10 Birthday card plea for 'amazing' Rita who is turning 108
The event was organised by Andy McMillan.