Hudson the hero as Hemsby win thriller
Bottom side Hemsby put their troubles to one side as they won one of the best games ever played at Waters Lane beating Drayton A by seven runs in a Norfolk League Division Three clash.
After the Drayton captain won the toss and asked Hemsby to bat Hudson and Maxwell put on a 50 opening stand before Hudson was caught by the wicket keeper for 27.
Alan Maxwell continued his fine form with the bat with a well played 57 helped by Lawrence Brooks who made 20. But as in previous games once Hemsby start losing wickets, the innings folded quickly as 124-2 became 142 all out. Iahesh finished the innings with two batsmen clean bowled.
The Drayton innings began with two maiden overs. Then Hudson struck having Nanth lbw for four. He and Josh Seago gradually put more pressure on the Drayton batsmen and when they withdrew from the attack after 17 overs the Drayton score stood at 34-3 after 17 overs.
Josh Seago probably bowled his best spell in a Hemsby shirt and was unlucky to only get one wicket. Drayton’s chances of victory now rested with opener Crowe who who was steadily building his innings based on total defence and occasional aggressive big shots.
Dack and Maxwell continued to keep Drayton in check. Dack eventually snared Crowe stumped Barsley for a well played 40. Now Rajat was taking the game away from Hemsby.
Hudson turned to Hemsby’s Jack of all trades bowler Matt Box.
- 1 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 2 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 3 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 4 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 5 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 6 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 7 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 8 Man to be sentenced next month over Norfolk pub attack
- 9 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 10 Gorleston traders remain positive despite cost of living crisis
He quickly removed Chamberlain bowled then bowled a long hop to Rajat which he top-edged to Maxwell who took a great catch. Drayton needed 19 from six overs with two wickets left.
Hudson removed Pointer and with six needed to win, he caught and bowled Ravi for four leaving Hemsby victorious.
Man of the Match: Alan Maxwell.
The club still needs financial help. Players will be holding a public meeting regarding its future soon. If you fancy a game contact Richard Hudson on 07817524337.