Indoor bowls review
Acle Indoor Bowlsby Brian GrintAcle beat the Dell in the Denny Cup. From 17 shots down they bounced back to win 91-59.At home, Jamie Howlett, Wyn Willimott, Simon Elliott and Tim Stone won 28-11 and Tony Dunton's rink lost 14-20.
Acle Indoor Bowls
by Brian Grint
Acle beat the Dell in the Denny Cup. From 17 shots down they bounced back to win 91-59.
At home, Jamie Howlett, Wyn Willimott, Simon Elliott and Tim Stone won 28-11 and Tony Dunton's rink lost 14-20.
Away, Will Pitt, Daniel Noble, George Tubby and Lewis Moore won 23-13. John Colcombe, Bernard Willimott Patrick Willimott and Robin Norman won 26-15.
Acle Men's C at home to Great Yarmouth A won 105-68 for all seven points.
- 1 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 2 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 3 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 4 CCTV released of Great Yarmouth man whose body part was found on beach
- 5 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 6 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 7 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 8 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 9 TV show filmed in Norfolk starring Ainsley Harriott to air this month
- 10 Lost sailor found going backwards 12 miles off Norfolk coast
Daniel Seabourne, Derrick Willgress, Adrian Smith and Ashley Smith won 27-11; Keith Owen, Jim Cole, Ray Smith and Mick Askham 28-16; Russell Thurtle, John Arnold, Bill Downie, and Pat Beales 28-20; Roy Roofe, Bert West, Alan Casburn and Brian Grint 22-21.
Acle Ladies A won at home 58-47 (6-2 pts).
Shirley Lettice, Elaine Cole and Marion Himpleman won 15-9; Betty Brown, Lilian Barber and Jean Cossey won 16-6; Sue Batchelor's block lost 11-15; Barbara Meeks block went 0-12 down after six ends, came back to 10-12 at 10 ends and in nail biting final end lost 16-17.
Great Yarmouth Ladies Red team travelled to Beccles IBC for their Mason Trophy encounter and lost an enjoyable match 44-38.
C King, N Pyzer, L Westgate, P Ellis won 23-16; B Payne, S Allen, D Edwards, G Swanston from 11-1 shots down went on to win 21-22.
At Wymondham Ladies B The Reds were disappointed to come away with just one point, losing
R Beckett, N Pyzer, D Edwards lost 7-12; B Wright, S Allen and G Sewell lost 8-14; C King, L Westgate, P Ellis lost 7-22; B Payne, B Phillips, J Howlett won 18-8.
Browston Hall Ladies A team at home against Shotford A picked up six and a half points in their 66-40 win.
Barbara Cheverton, Mary Barrett and Diane Burwood won 26-20; A Kher, Ilene Hadden and Pat Drinkall won 17-5 win; Joan Stringfellow, June Petts and Maggie Spurway drew 12-12.
In the Egham Trophy played against Sole Bay the home rinks skipped by Vic Moore and Dennis Pratt held a 34-22 lead, the away team, despite the rink of Pat Morris winning 19-17, went down 31-46 resulting in defeat by three shots.