It’s proving a real family affair for the running Mukuya trio
- Credit: Archant
A little bit of rain didn’t dampen the spirits of 250 finishers in this weekend’s Gorleston Cliffs parkrun. Event 411 attracted 17 first timers and there were 44 personal bests.
First lady was Colleen Mukuya in 20.53 which was made all the more impressive because she was pushing her youngest baby daughter in a buggy at the time! Chasing her mum, to finish in a pb of 22.18, was Allyna Mukuya who was supported by running just ahead of her dad Bernard.
On her 100th run Ellie Kershaw finished third lady in 22.19.
In the men’s event Richard Ginn, of Pocklington Runners, was first in 17.27 followed by Darren Barnes and Marc Evans who battled it out to finish in 18.25 and 18.29 respectively.
Two regulars celebrated their 300th runs. Congratulations to Matthew Sutton and Janet Sanderson.
You may also want to watch:
Every week the runners are in awe of the volunteers who stand out in all weathers.
- 1 'Appalling' - bid for flat-pack flats sparks anger on coast
- 2 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 3 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 4 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 5 Woman missing from residential home found 'safe and well' after search
- 6 Fresh bid to knock down village pub for homes and shops
- 7 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 8 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 9 Boy, aged one, who suffered severe burns now 'looking forward to Christmas'
- 10 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer