Junior and Youth football reports

ACLE UTD LADIES visited Hockering at the Gurney Centre, Bowthorpe. On a very big pitch that was in a fair condition we knew we had to stamp our authority on the game early and we did just that after only two minutes Baker sent a shot high and wide. After five minutes we had a throw deep in their half and after some quick thinking from Cara she found Boast who scored in off the post.

As soon as the kick-off was taken we stole the ball back and and scored after Ashman poked home from close range. It was soon three when Hooper calmly slotted home past the keeper. We took control and the goal of the game came on the 20-minute mark when E Anderson dribbled the ball in and out of Hockering players from the left back spot and drove home from 18 yards in off the underside of the bar. With our keeper Holl almost redundant we were playing some really attractive football and the fifth soon arrived with a good finish from Ashman. Half time was fast approaching when top goalscorer Baker made it 0-6. The second half started with Ashman completing her hat-trick by slotting home past the sub keeper. Baker then scored to make it eight with a similar finish. Baker also completed her hat-trick with a good header following a cross from O’Hara. The 10th goal of the game came from Woollaston who reacted quickest to a loose ball. With minutes remaining Ashman completed the scoring with her fourth and our eleventh of the match. Final score: Hockering 0 Acle Utd 11.

A complete all-round performance from everyone involved and a credit to the club with some shows of clinical finishing in front of goal. We also continued our 100% win record in the league this season.

BLUNDESTON MAGPIES Thankfully the reserves didn’t have a game as again several 1st team players became unavailable for different reasons. However it then gave them the opportunity to step up. This enabled Hearts to start much better and really should have taken the lead in the 1st minute when a striker two yards out shot over the bar. Magpies began to settle but couldn’t stop Hearts from taken a well-earned lead and then to further increase this to 2-0. Magpies then began to blend and found that Hearts were weak at the back and they got their reward when Salmon put Jarvis through to score. In the second half Magpies took the game to Hearts and made their keeper make at least 3 outstanding saves before they broke through with a ball over the top to increase their lead.

Banger Magpies keeper had to make several really good saves to keep the score to 3-1. Magpies upped their game and new boy Delaney who was having a really good game scored to bring Magpies back into it. The game then was end to end but Hearts scored a cracking goal giving the Magpies keeper no chance. Magpies continued to push for the game but Hearts broke through again and score number 5. Magpies finally got their reward when Rawlings shot across the goal to score. Hearts keeper then made 2 more really good saves before the game ended. Final Score: Magpies 3 Hearts of Oak 5.

CAISTER COMMUNITY CENTRE played Gorleston Albion in the Holmes cup and recorded a 3-1 victory. The first goal came within the first minute of the match when Dean MacGregor one the ball out to the right, and ran inside with the ball before striking a through ball with the outside of his boot over the defence. Gaz Ward ran on to the pass and poked the ball home over the keeper with a great finish. The 2nd goal soon game when Danny Heller took a clever free kick into Gaz who hit the ball past the keeper first time. The CCC should have added a 3rd before half time when Daniel Clark missed from a delightfully tempting free kick from Danny with a volley, he should have done better. In the 2nd half the CCC added a third when veteran Lee Snowling feed Danny through and he struck the ball with the outside of his boot to the keeper’s near post. The CCC played well in this game and in truth could have scored more, and deserved a clean sheet for their defensive efforts. Dean and Gaz put in excellent performances, but man of the match was Danny who put in a faultless display in midfield.

CCC played GY Peelers in the Holmes cup group stage and recorded a resounding 6-0 win. They took the lead when Ross Vanden Ecker controlled a long ball with his chest before flicking the ball over his shoulder for the onrushing Gaz Ward, who then chipped the keeper with an exquisite finish. The CCC soon added a 2nd when Dean MacGregor played a delightful chip ball over the defence, which once again Gaz ran onto before chipping the keeper. The CCC were now in full flight and added a third when marauding full back Alex Armes squared the ball for Ross to control and tap home. The fourth came in the 2nd half when Alex hit a shot which the keeper parried and after a goal mouth scramble Ross eventually put the ball home. Soon after this the CCC scored their goal of the game when captain Danny Heller ran with the ball down the line and beat a couple of players before pulling the ball back to Gaz, who hit an delightful left footed shot into the top corner. The sixth goal put the icing on the cake when Alex ran down the wing beating a couple of players before passing to Gaz in the centre of the pitch, and he feed the ball right to Dean who struck a sweet low drive into the corner. All the boys played well, and the defence deserve a mention for keeping a clean sheet and not allowing themselves to lose their concentration. Man of the match was between marauding full back Alex who set up several of the goals, but Gaz took it for his hat trick and assist.

Most Read

The CCC played Havenbridge in the Wiltshire cup and undeservingly lost 4-1. The players can be pleased with a performance in which they dominated possession but unfortunately could not create enough clear cut chances, and where restricted to long range shots in which they failed to work the keeper. Unfortunately poor defensive mistakes cost them two goals and from there it was always going to be an uphill struggle, with Havenbridge hitting on the break to take a four goal lead. The CCC pulled a goal back when Reece Heller hit a devastating shot which found its way into the net. Man of the match was Lee Snowling who rolled back the years with an excellent performance in which he dictated the play.

THE CCC played Belton in the Holmes cup and lost 2-1, but put in a great performance and deserved to get something out of the game. The CCC fell behind when a strike from distance beat keeper Hollis who will know he should have done better, and Belton extended their lead with a fortuitous penalty. The CCC played well but in the final third could not get the break they deserved unto very late in the game when Ryan MacGregor scored on his 22nd birthday. He had missed an easier chance minutes before when Gaz Ward went on a great run and beat the keeper, but due to the difficult angle squared the ball with Ryan unable to connect with the goal open. He made up for it though when Gaz swung in a great cross and Ryan leaped like a salmon to head the ball home with a looping effort over the keeper unfortunately time ran out before the CCC could forge an equaliser. The defence put in a great performance in this game with Clarky, Olly and Alex putting in good displays. However, right back Reece Heller put in his best ever display for the club with his defending top notch throughout, combined with some strong challenges and he also encouraged the rest of his team mates to fight till the end. MoM: Reece.

CAISTER RESERVES visited Beccles Town Reserves and played their part in a good free flowing game. Caister included new signing Craig Sharman who made a fantastic debut at Centre half winning every aerial challenge and leading the back line superbly next to the exemplary Captain Kevin Jarvis who was helping out the side by playing way out of position but again was faultless in his unaccustomed defensive duties. Also in the squad were the returning Lee Carter, Sam Johnson and Alfie Gennings standing in for the injured Lee Gillary in goal.

Caister were in confident mood after a good win last week and with the dressing room brimming with talent they started well camping out in the Beccles half for long periods of possession which included some very good ball retention from front to back with the overlapping full backs Crane and McMillan joining in with the wingers Johnson and Mansfield. Caister looked really comfortable in their newly-adopted 4-4-2 formation particularly chosen to suit the wide pitch. Sam Johnson in particular was causing Beccles problems on the right wing with penetrating runs almost resulting in giving Caister the lead. Beccles did pose a threat on the counter attack and Alfie Jennings, 17, had to be on his guard to make two fine saves and Kevin Jarvis headed a looping header off the line to keep it goalless. Just before half time Caister’s powerful and influential midfielder Aaron Robson rolled his ankle after an innocuous challenge and had to be replaced by Stuart Leyland, another player returning from a run in the A team. On 55 minutes Lee Carter’s pass found the mercurial Johnson who twisted his way into the box to find space and despite the tight angle dispatched a fine, clean drive across the keeper to give Caister a deserved lead. Caister produced more chances again for 17 year old Johnson who was producing a mature performance on the right wing then Mansfield on the left wing created a chance for himself, he beat his man on the left, cut inside but lashed his shot high and wide. In the final stages Caister had their hearts in their mouths as one of the Beccles counter-attacks ended in a goalmouth scramble with Beccles skimming the outside of the post. Caister breathed a sigh of relief as the final whistle was blown. Great performances from everyone but for a text book full back display with a perfect balance of defensive duties and overlapping wing play MoM was Barry Crane. Next game Bungay Town at home meet 1pm. Squad TBA at training 7.50 at Caister High School, good attendance expected.

CAISTER ROMA travelled to Halvergate to take on in-form South Yarmouth in the Burgess Cup. Two good football teams produced an entertaining end to end game extremely well refereed by Nigel Evans. South Yarmouth started the better and produced some good passing moves which eventually led to the opening goal. Roma struggled to get going and were fortunate not to fall further behind with Vanders making some good saves to keep us in the game. The second half was a different matter as Roma woke up and started to get on top. After a few near misses Nick headed the equaliser. Roma went on to dominate the game but poor finishing and good goalkeeping kept us from scoring. South Yarmouth always looked dangerous on the break and while Roma could not put the ball in the net there was always a danger of losing the game to a late goal. Despite several tense moments for both sides the game ended 1-1 and Roma progressed to the semi- final. Job well done lads with the same needed again this week against South Yarmouth in the League.

CAISTER VETS suffered a second consecutive league defeat as they were beaten 4–3 at home by a good Scole. Caister deserved to get something from this game as they dominated it for the most part but they conceded bad goals at crucial times. Caister had their customary slow start which resulted in an early let-off when a breaking midfielder rounded Alan Peace but he was unable to find the target from a tight angle. Caister thought they had taken the lead when Matthew McCreadie beat the keeper to a throughball and rounded him but he was harshly adjudged offside. Scole took the lead with a powerful free-kick from 35 yards which Peace was unable to keep out. Caister made a couple of changes including introducing Matty Wells for his debut and they began to take control. They were soon level when Neil Bowman was released on the inside left and he slid the ball across for Paul Jacobs to tap home. Caister were playing some good stuff now so it was a real surprise when they conceded just before half-time against the run of play. Caister had plenty of opportunities to clear before a weak shot was allowed from the edge of the box which Peace could only parry allowing the home striker who was the quickest to react to fire home. Scole then extended their lead early in the second half. Peace made a great save after a breakaway but was unfortunate to see the rebound go to a midfielder on the edge of the box who hadn’t been tracked and he drove the ball into the roof of the net. Caister continued to control the match and create chances but they couldn’t find the breakthrough. They did eventually get one back when Martin Jacobs managed to create himself a bit of space in the area and curled the ball into the corner with his left foot. Caister then unfortunately committed the cardinal sin of conceding soon afterwards. They were committed to attacking and found themselves short at the back when a poor ball was allowed to come in from the right wing and this was diverted home from 10 yards. Caister continued to put pressure on the visitors and Bowman missed a sitter after Martin Jacobs squared the ball across the area. They got another goal back in injury time when Martin Jacobs headed home a corner and then had one last chance to snatch a point. Paul Jacobs picked out Bowman with a cross but it was slightly too high and he wasn’t able to generate enough power to beat the keeper with his header. This was another disappointing result but the performance was much improved and Caister’s league destiny remains in their own hands. MoM: Wells. Next match is their rearranged Knockout Shield Quarter Final on February 12 away to Spexhall. This is a 1.30pm KO. Meet at the Caister field at 11.45am.

CATFIELD with a number of players missing for various reasons saw their strength in depth put to the test and came throug just. After an enforced rest last week the Cats looked rusty and lacked any real urgency against a Peelers side that never put Jamie to the test, goals coming from Froggy after some excellent work from Craig and Scott a neat finish from Huggy. Another well worked goal from Scott ensured the Cats secured all three points. For the next three games against Belton, Internationals and Harleston all away, much more effort is needed if we are to come away with results. This week away to Belton at New Road in the Wiltshire Cup. Please note 1.45pm KO any probs call Selfy 07831 228007, Stu 01493 855355 or Bev 07917 711596.

MK UNITED lost 1-0 to Gt Yarmouth Utd, a team that we comfortablely beat 6-1 before Christmas. Either we have got rapidly worse or they have got better? Whatever, we will have to perform a lot better than we did when we play against Norfolk and Chance this week if we are to progress to the league cup semi-finals. Next game v Norfolk and Chance at Burgh Castle, ko 2pm, meet pub 1.10 or Burgh 1.30 sharp, call offs Mick 07796 331860 asap. Team from: Bollington, Cl Oxborough, D Ingram, Quinn, Con Oxborough, Fox, D Pasco, B Ingram, C Ingram, Panteli, Leggett, Mann, Kemp, Stu Reeve.

MK UTD RESERVES beat Feathers 5-2 to progress to the Burgess Cup semi- finals. Goalscores: Adam Hogg 4, and og, good saves from Leo. We take on Havenbridge this week on Magdalen. Let’s have a good turnout and if you cant make it let Leo know.

STALHAM TOWN RESERVES made the short journey to Martham Reserves and welcomed back Louis Gelinas and had new signing Kyle Philpott on the bench. Martham posed quite an aerial threat and had the better of the first 15 minutes and only a fantastic save from Jordan Barnard kept parity. From then we started to play our passing football and created chances that saw Ross Charlton sent clear by Danny Camish, Louis Gelinas and Michael Green but he was unable to convert them. On 30 minutes, good play from Louis set Scott Bishop up with a chance 20 yards out, but his effort went just over. It was 1-0 soon after when great play by Louis set Ross up again and this time he fired home from 12 yards with his most difficult chance. Scott Charlton hit a good free kick that didn’t miss by much and with half time approaching, Danny Camish’s surging run was halted by the keeper and a penalty was awarded, but the chance was squandered as Jamie Hopwood’s spot kick was saved and it stayed 1-0. From the restart we made them work very hard as we maintained possession extremely well and passed and moved superbly. For all our possession it took until the 70th minute before we extended our lead when a well hit free kick from 25 yards by Louis arrowed in under the keeper’s despairing dive out to make it 2-0. Martham seemed to give up the fight and never made much impression on our defence, marshalled superbly by Matt Haystead, which had a fairly easy 20 minutes. Soon after it was 3-0 following good work from David Willis who sent Ross clear and once he’d got away there was no catching him and he clipped the ball over the advancing keeper in true Ross Charlton fashion. On 85 minutes it was 4-0 when Louis, Willis and Scott Charlton all raced away from the half way line and it was a matter of who would have the shot and, it was Scott when Louis sent him into the area and he finished well. The scoreline should have been a bit more emphatic. Marie Meale Photography MoM: David Willis.

WHITE SOX faced Gorleston Albion for the first time this season and carried on their good form of 2012 with a comprehensive 5-0 win. The first half was played against the strong oncoming winds but that didn’t stop Sox taking an early lead as Shaun Bartley got his head to a monstrous throw-in from Liam Fuller. With Brandon unavailable Ross Charlton got his chance to lead the line and took his chance well by adding a second to send White Sox into half time with a comfortable 2-0 lead.

In the second half Albion matched Sox for many periods of the game but Rossy extended their lead to three and the game was well in the bag. Sam Jones popped up with the final two goals, one of which was a beaut of a free kick from the right-hand side which found the far bottom corner. Flacko could have extended the lead more if it wasn’t for the flying Albion keeper tipping over his thunderous looping effort. Fuller, although he didn’t score, was once again outstanding and played a big part in White Sox attacking threats. Final score: White Sox 5 Albion 0. MoM: Ross Charlton. Next game at Rollesby in the league, meet Haven Bridge car park at 9.30am

BLUNDESTON MAGPIES U13 drew 2-2 away to Long Stratton. This was a hard fought top-of-the-table clash played on a sticky pitch that made it difficult to play the fast passing football of recent matches. The Magpies dominated possession without really threatening to score and Long Stratton took the lead breaking clear to score. Stratton had further chances before the break. Ben went closest for the Magpies forcing a close-range save following a corner.

The second half found the Magpies attacking down the slope. Taylor broke through and had a shot saved, before Connell broke clear and calmly beat the keeper to level the scores. Sid was quick to thwart a Long Stratton breakaway, before Connell broke down the right and found Taylor in the centre but his shot lacked the power to beat the keeper.Stratton went close during a goalmouth scramble, hitting the post from close range and then they re-took the lead on the next attack when the Magpies failed to clear their lines.

Man of the Match Taylor scored a deserved equaliser with a powerful header after the ball came out to him following Jamie’s excellent corner. Ben fired wide with a long range free kick and Connell was unable to reach Taylor’s cross into the box as the teams settled for a point each.

BOHEMIANS U10 played at home against Blunderston Magpies Pirates in the Shield. It was a very tight game of end-to-end football. Cameron and Connor were very strong and hard working up front keeping the Blundeston goalie busy. Declan and Harrison’s passing and movements were superb throughout setting up a lot of chances for Billy and Leighton. Jack G, Scott and Leroy all had an excellent game in defence. FT 1-1 Connor (1) which meant it had to go to penalties, Bohemians winning 2-1 from the spot. Penalty scorers Declan and Harrison. Well done Jack D for saving three goals. MoM: Leighton.

BOHEMIANS U13 GIRLS hosted Holt this week with hopes of another three points. The girls looked positive from the whistle and put the visitors on the back foot. Millie opened the scoring after a great piece of skill after eight minutes. With great runs on the wing and relentless attacks the visitors gifted an own goal soon after. Holt did counter well but with strong defence there wasn’t room to develop a decent attack. Bohs used their pace and skill to find their way through the Holt back four three times in five minutes allowing Indi, Demi and Neve to make it 5 – 0 at half time. With a swagger about them the Bohs started the second half well. Holt however decided to up a gear and pulled a goal back midway through the half. With Bohs looking rocky, Holt put in another two in quick succession. The girls got themselves together and organised the team to push forward again but failed to increase the lead. The game ended with a very good 5-3 win. PoM: Millie for effort and superb touch in attack.

CAISTER ROMA CENTURIONS U11 The character and resolve of Caister was shown in a competitive game against a good Hemsby Hornets Yellow. Hemsby took the game to Caister in a first half of few chances where both defences stood firm. Jay and Richie in particular were making important tackles and Caister’s full-backs Alfie and Daniel blocked almost everything. Late in the half Zak won the ball in his own penalty area but to most people’s amazement the referee gave Hemsby a penalty which was well taken for a 1-0 half-time lead. Caister came back strongly and Will levelled the game with a sublime chip over the keeper, but fate seemed to be against Caister when a shot hit the arm of a defender and once again the ref gave a penalty and Hemsby went 2-1 up. Caister answered immediately as Will fired in a fierce shot from the edge of the box to level the scores and it was Caister’s determination that got them the winner. Alex won the ball in midfield and passed to Logan who advanced on the keeper and finished superbly. A great team performance full of determination, fight with a never-say-die attitude. MoM: Zak. Next Match K&P Hurricanes (away ko 10.30am) Team from: Thomas, Daniel, Jay, Alfie, Richie, Will, Zak, Logan, Alex.

COBHOLM U8 played against Loddon on a hard ground which made it hard to play football on the uneven surface. Cobholm must remember it’s a team effort and all players must play their part. Thom was the only player this week who tried and worked hard and was a constant threat in front of goal. We must remember it’s not always about going forward and scoring goals, we must chase back and challenge for the ball when we have lost possession, on a number of times Cobholm were caught on the break and with no tracking back Cobholm’s defender was left on occasions to mark three players. Second half was a bit better and Cobholm stepped up the pace, Bailey and George linked up well and Bailey took a great shot a goal and was unlucky on a couple of occasions not to find the back of the net. This week’s Man Of The Match went to Thom who had a great all-round performance never giving up until the final whistle and creating so many chances in front of goal, his time finally came. This is why it’s important to listen and learn at training and then bring it out to the pitch on match days. Training Saturday at 10 o’clock sharp.

COBHOLM U10 played away to Waveney Lynx and after going a goal down early on, took control and created lots of chances playing good passing football. With Tony and Byron handling all Waveney attacks and Callum clearing up behind them, the midfield of Kieran, a heavily limping Charlie and an excellent Taylor dominated the game, leaving Dalton free to trouble the defenders time after time. Another special from Charlie was flicked past the keeper by Dalton for the equaliser and Cobholm could have been 5-1 up at the break but for excellent goalkeeping by the Waveney goalie. With a change of tactics forced by Charlie’s injury, the second half was more of an even game, with Cobholm effectively playing with only six players. A good Waveney run and shot gave them the lead and Cobholm were all out for an equaliser but ran out of time. This was another great performance from a team short of players in an intimidating atmosphere and Cobholm were unlucky to lose a game they controlled for much of the match. Both this week’s Man of the Match awards went to Taylor Whittle for a superb captain’s performance from start to finish, mixing skill and determination with vision, shooting, tackling and passing. Next match v St Benets at home, kick off 1pm. Training this Saturday 10, sharp.

COBHOLM U11 travelled to Kirkley & Pakefield Colts. In a game they dominated throughout Cobholm were unlucky to come away with one point instead of three points. K&P didn’t give up and carried on until the final whistle but Cobholm kept knocking on the door with chance after chance with the keeper making some greats saves to keep K&P in it. The back four of Will M in goal and Jordan, Keanan and Szymon playing solid and are really progressing as a defensive trio, 0-0 at half time, Cobholm started on the front foot again in the second half playing some lovely football spreading it about the pitch with every player getting involved. Will F lobbed the keeper but K&P had the bar keeping the score level. Five minutes later Jordan took a throw-in which beat the defence and bounced kindly for Will F to smash it top corner. K&P had a little spell which they scored from after a fantastic save from Cobholm’s new player Josh who was beaten to the loose ball from a K&P player. The last 10 minutes was played in K&Ps half but with no way through it finished 1-1. Credit to both teams for an excellent game of football. MoM:Jordan, Keanan and Will Field, terrific. Parents Player went to the three defenders Jordan, Keanan and Szymon. Training 10am Saturday all players must attend!

FC BRADWELL U9 SPAIN visited Mutford. A poor start from Bradwell soon found them self on the back foot with a quick goal from Mutford. it took 10 minutes for Bradwell to find their way into the game, thanks to some fine keeping from Harry and good defensive work from Kyle and Toby keeping them in the game. Chester, Harvey and Fenton soon started to put a few good passes together but found it hard going on a poor pitch and tough tackling Mutford defence. Five minutes before the end of the first half Harry got a bad injury and had to be carried off to be patched up. Alex stepped into goal making some good saves. The second half saw Harry back on his feet, and Harvey, Fenton and Chester starting to put some good passes together. Kyle played a great role both in defence put was impressive in midfield ploughing his way through Mutford midfield. Toby as ever making some good tackles. Alex came on for a tied and cold looking Harvey. Midway through the second half Chester played a great through ball for Fenton to hop, skip and jump his way through the Mutford defence to lob the keeper to make it 3-1. The game ended 5-1 to Mutford. A great keeping display from Harry and well done for carrying on despite a nasty knock. MoM: Kyle with a great performance. Thanks to Norse and Church Farm.

FC BRADWELL GIRLS are looking for new players, if your in current Year 6 or Year 7 at school and are looking to get into football please call Emma or Damon on 07798 932845

FC BRADWELL U11 (Year 6 at School) are looking for new players if you are not attached to a club and want to get into football please call Scott 07525 251458

FC BRADWELL U12 BRAZIL played Freethorpe away in the shield. Bradwell started with their usual bad luck by hitting the woodwork and putting numerous shots just wide or over with the Freethorpe keeper, also having an excellent game. Freethorpe then broke away and scored (HT 1-0). As per all recent games, Bradwell knew they could get back into the game and Sam proved it with a goal direct from a corner. Bradwell then dominated and Mitchell was in awesome form by scoring a second half hat-trick all with neat, well-hit finishes that put Bradwell into the quarter-finals. However, it is Mitchell’s workrate up front that is the major asset to Bradwell. Vash had a great game on the left, Lewis worked really hard on the right wing, Max won endless tackles in the middle and James made a cracking save in the second half. Final score: Freethorpe 1 Bradwell 4. Thanks go to Glenn, Phil and Andy for their support and Freethorpe for their hospitality. Team James, Cameron, Vash, Sam, Josh, Ben, Max, Lewis, Joe, Reece, Mitchell. MoM: Mitchell and Lewis.

FC BRADWELL SPAIN U12 played away against Division One side Oulton Mariners in the semi-finals of the cup. Bradwell showed their full potential right from the start in a flowing game where they created some great opportunities through Ben, Jack and Matthew but the Mariners keeper was equal to everything. Connor, Aaron and Toby provided the width on both flanks linking defence with attack. Oscar, Luis and Alex held a high line and on countless occasions caught the Mariners off-side. Henry only lasted 10 minutes after suffering a muscle strain but Bradwell couldn’t do anything when the Mariners went one up before half-time. The second half saw Bradwell pressurise the Mariners defence but when the Mariners broke Shaun was superb in goal and this was evident throughout the game. However, as hard as Bradwell tried the Mariners were clinical in front of goal and went two up. A third came from a corner and the fourth from a dubious penalty. A great performance which proved that this team could hold their own if promoted this season. Team: Shaun, Oscar, Luis, Henry, Aaron, Alex, Toby, Connor, Jack, Matthew & Ben. A big thank you to all the boys for a great game, parents and officials. MoM: Shaun Sadler – Impressive throughout between the sticks.

GORLESTON RANGERS OSPREYS U9 played away to Martham. It was a fast-paced start from Martham, some excellent defending from Finley and Tristan and great saves from Luke kept Gorleston on their toes, some good passing in midfield from Josh and James meant Jack M had two shots on goal but with five minutes until half time it was still goalless. Subs were made, Curtis and Reece working well in midfield creating chances but again the Martham defence were strong, finally a move made from the back and a through ball from Josh to Jack O who scored a good goal made it 1-0 at half time. The second half was the same as the first with Martham attacking with everything they had but Finley and Tristan defended very well making lots of tackles and clearing the ball., Luke made four great saves in a row. Jack M was tearing through the Martham defence and had three shots on target but all were saved. James hit the crossbar from a corner kick, Reece struck a screamer just wide and Curtis had a shot deflected by a defender just wide. With four minutes left Jack O was on with another through ball and his shot hit the keeper but he cleaned up the rebound making the final score 2-0. A great game to watch Well Done Boys, Gorleston Rangers Ospreys U9 Division 4 Champions 2011/2012 Team: Luke, Finley, Tristan, James, Josh, Jack M Subs: Reece, Curtis, Jack O MoM: Tristan.

GORLESTON RANGERS U12 BUZZARDS Due to injury and illness Rangers went into this cup tie against Kirkley and Pakefield Alleycats with only 10 fit players. This meant that a full debut was given to Tommy in goal with George starting as an outfield sub. The game kicked off with Kirkley pressurising but the back three of Michael, Callum and Linards held their line well and defended hard. A couple of early saves gave Tommy confidence in goal. Despite this a speculative shot from the Kirkley striker somehow managed to find its way into the goal. After this setback Rangers rallied well and the midfield were producing some fine football. With 20 minutes gone the game was still tight and George came on to play as a striker. Some good runs came from both Josh and Liam but the final ball was lacking.With half time approaching Kirkley won a corner and from it had a free header to go 2-0 up. In the final minute before half time Kirkley won another corner and from this the ball squeezed in at the near post making it 3-0 to Kirkley. The second half began with Rangers pressing Kirkley but they were caught by a breakaway which despite valiant defensive efforts resulted in another goal for Kirkley making it 4-0. Rangers still refused to give in and were trying to play football the right way. Dan and Will were linking up nicely and were testing the Kirkley defence. George reverted to his usual position replacing Tommy in goal. A long clearance from George fell to Josh who played a lovely ball for Liam but the Kirkley keeper just beat him to the ball when they were 1 on 1. Another Rangers attack saw an excellent cross from Liam but Mohammed was beaten by the bounce when the goal was looming. Kirkley again hit Rangers on the break this was covered well by Michael and cleared for a throw in. Rangers still carried on taking the game to Kirkley and Josh had a decent effort well saved by the Kirkley keeper. But Kirkley broke quickly and caught Rangers napping, despite George making a valiant effort the ball ended up in the back of the net for 5-0. Because of the lack of substitutes Rangers began to tire and this was shown clearly when the Kirkley player broke from inside his own half and ran on to score making it 6-0. The Rangers players still didn’t give in and in the dying minutes of the game Liam had another chance but sadly his effort drifted just wide. Despite the scoreline it was a very good effort from all the boys and they never let their heads drop. On another day with a bit of luck things could have been very different. Hopefully next week they are back to a full strength squad. Loz valiantly ran the line for the whole game, a supreme effort for a man of his age. Final score 6-0. MoM: Dan.

HEMSBY HORNETS U8 hosted a hard working and good passing Halesworth Town. The Hornets started slowly and failed to keep their shape allowing the Halesworth players time and space to play their passing game. The second half was a far better performance with more battling and a higher workrate from every player. Haydn found the net twice with good finishes, but player of the match went to Daniel who worked hard up front and tracked back when required. William defended well and made some great runs with the ball. He was also unlucky to have a great strike disallowed. Next match away v Kirkley & Pakefield Gladiators, Kick Off 11.30am, players to be there for 11 o’clock.

SHRUBLANDS U7 played in the final week of the NSYL’s four v four, indoors at Denes High School. The whole squad has really enjoyed and learned a lot during these four weeks. This week was by far their best performance of the four weeks. From the eight short games, goals were scored by Ryan (3), Samir (3) and Aides (2). Thomas totally played his part in the team’s play. Player of the day went to Ryan. The team is on the lookout for a goalkeeper to assist with the ability of the team. Any potential player needs to be in Year 2 at school. For more information contact Simon on 07411 101438.

SHRUBLANDS U11 beat Gorleston Rangers Eagles 8-5 in an entertianing home game. Four goals went to Marshal Wilkinson and one each for Billy-Jay, Liam Berrisford, Josh Petit and a debut goal for Aaron Putman and MoM was Riley Nobbs. Team from: Mitchell Wilson, Aaron Putman, Riley Nobbs, Liam Spinks, Taylor Barrett, Billy-Jay Elton, Marshal Wilkinson, Josh Petit, Liam Berrisford Subs: Ben Duffield, Adam Judd, Kerris Bilyard.