K9 kickboxers enjoy four wins at Bury
Yarmouth’s K9 kickboxing squad notched four wins out of five contests at an open show in Bury St Edmunds last weekend.
Chaney Docwra (6) was up against Ipswich’s Koi Bennington (7). They had fought before and drawn, but this time Docwra, after a close first round, really started getting his shots off, landing lovely one- twos and powerful body kicks and dominating the second and third rounds for a unanimous points win.
Tyler Munro (10), trying to follow in the footsteps of her former World Full Contact Champion sister Jade Munro, was up against Ipswich’s Amber Halls (10) and won every round with her sharp boxing skills.
National champion Tia Sayer (12) had a rematch with Josie Callan (13) from hugely-successful Newark NMA Gym. The two girls had drawn in Newark last month but the Yarmouth coaches and Tia felt hard done by. This time Tia’s aggressive relentless style impressed the judge as she got a unanimous well deserved points win. Nicky McHugh (11) beat Colchester’s Jack Pearce (11) in an excellent bout. McHugh started off with a close first round, but dominated the second and third rounds with his sharp jabs and nice quick roundhouse kicks.
Remy Sayer (10) was not his usual self losing to Birmingham’s Kash Patel (10) who Remy had beaten previously.
You may also want to watch:
Kickboxing returns to the Ocean Rooms in Gorleston next weekend (Sunday, April 29) when World Lightweight Champion Bin Tyler defends his title against Latvia’s V Skreivers, with a full bill of K1, Thai and Full Contact support bouts featuring local fighters.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 3 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 4 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 5 'Too many holiday homes' - Residents object to conversion bid
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 9 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 10 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney