Kickboxer dreams of fighting in US
MARTIALARTS: If you want to be the best points fighter in your age group, you need to work hard in the club.Two young members of Eastern Kung Fu and Kickboxing Academy were taken by their coaches Gavin Keir and Jacqui Keir to their first national competition of 2010.
MARTIALARTS: If you want to be the best points fighter in your age group, you need to work hard in the club.
Two young members of Eastern Kung Fu and Kickboxing Academy were taken by their coaches Gavin Keir and Jacqui Keir to their first national competition of 2010.
EKKA Callum Keir (14) from Stalham High School trains at Sprowston, Acle Kickboxing and Stalham Kickboxing. He has been training since he was four plus and is a seasoned national and international competitor. He was entered in the boys 5ft 4 plus, black belt and above semi-contact (points) category.
He impressed everyone, especially his coaches, with his speed and ability that dominated all his opponents. His first round 1.5 minutes fight was against an international fighter from the British Chinese Kickboxing Association (BCKA) and he easily won 9-3.
He advanced to the final, a two-minute round against another international fighter from BCKA. He again showed why he is ready to take on his dream and compete in the United States. He easily won 8-2.
Callum has now been given the go-ahead to step out to the US next year to compete - if he can raise the funds needed. He is currently planning lots of fundraising ideas to help him achieve his dream.
- 1 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 2 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 3 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 4 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 5 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 6 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 7 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 8 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 9 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 10 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
If anyone wishes to donate to help get him there and wave the flag for Norfolk they can make a donation (big or small) via the access button on the club's homepage:www.easternkungfukickboxing.co.uk
One of the club's brand new national semi-contact (points) fighters from Acle Kickboxing took part in his first ever competition out of Norfolk.
Daniel Smith (14) from Notre Dame School showed talent and determination that impressed his coaches. On this occasion he didn't manage to get a position on the trophy/league table, however it helped him to see and experience national competition that only a handful from his training club have ever done.
EKKA are always on the lookout for new students of all ages, sexes and race to come to one of their clubs. They teach kung fu and sport semi-contact (points) kickboxing at Acle, Stalham and Sprowston (Norwich); kung fu only at Norwich and Lowestoft and have a club for four to eight-year-olds in a mini masters class that teaches basic martial arts with fun.
Contact 07596991947, email@example.com or check out details via the club web site www.easternkungfukickboxing.co.uk