L&Y fail to travel well
Wymondham 19, Lowestoft & Yarmouth 12L&Y again failed to reproduce their home form.Playmaker Scott Nelson was a late withdrawal but the re-arranged starting line-up should have been strong enough to withstand the Wymondham challenge.
Wymondham 19, Lowestoft & Yarmouth 12
L&Y again failed to reproduce their home form.
Playmaker Scott Nelson was a late withdrawal but the re-arranged starting line-up should have been strong enough to withstand the Wymondham challenge.
It started well for the visitors, apart from a gifted three-point penalty, when Jake Titterington scored his first try of the season as he broke off from a disrupted scrum and carried four would-be tacklers over the line with him. Chez Bloxham converted.
L&Y's failure to observe the laws cost them six points and the lead as Wymondham slotted over two well-taken penalties. Further indiscretion by Wayne Nixon saw L&Y down to 14 men for 10 minutes as he received a yellow card and during this period Wymondham extended their lead when they caught the ball at the line-out and drove over (converted).
The second half was mostly L&Y pressing, and changes were made as Richard Bristo and Lewis Davey came into the L&Y scrum and Tom Castleton came onto the wing.
- 1 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 2 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 3 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 4 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 5 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 6 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
- 7 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 8 5 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Great Yarmouth
- 9 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 10 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
Following sustained pressure L&Y eventually scored as Chris Howe charged down an attempted clearance kick and Bloxham was following up to score in the corner.
Solid defence kept L&Y at bay and the only other score came from a Wymondham penalty.