Last-gasp blow for Bloaters Reserves
Witham Town Res 2, Yarmouth Town Res 2
Yarmouth gave first starts of the season to Garri Davies and Phillip Watkins, who have both just re-signed for the club.
Joel Watts took advantage of the first team’s call-off and turned out for the second string.
The Bloaters always tried to play football against a side that fielded three first team regulars and a loan signing from Southend United.
Yarmouth took the lead in the first half from a corner as club record appearance legend Mark Vincent found the net for the second game in a row.
On 55 minutes Watts made it two with a great strike. Witham upped their game and grabbed a goal to make it 2-1.
Soon after Watts got the ball on halfway and took on five players in a great run driving into the box to only be denied by a top-drawer save. The game yet again opened up and chances for both sides came and went. With seconds remaining a soft free kick was awarded Witham’s way, and a stunning strike made it 2-2.
- 1 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 2 5 of the best places to spot celebrities in and around Yarmouth
- 3 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 4 First look as Ainsley Harriott and Grace Dent visit Yarmouth for TV show
- 5 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 6 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 7 Jailed in Norfolk this week: Soldier who raped child and man who stabbed ex
- 8 Cafe and shop along Norfolk Broads up for sale with 'rare opportunity'
- 9 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 10 Stephen Mulhern comes to Yarmouth in tonight's episode of In for a Penny
Credit must be be given to both sides who played some stunning football, with great spirit.
Although the Bloaters lost two points in the last seconds of the game, a draw was a fair result.
Team: Cook, Kemp (Costa), White, Hall, Bartley, Vincent, Davies, Watkins, Lawrence (Paiva), Watts (Qoopre De Barra), Jobbagy.
Yarmouth Town Res 3 South Creake 0
After a slow start where the visitors played their best football, Great Yarmouth eased back into this Norfolk Junior Cup third round game.
Only fine saves from the visiting keeper prevented Diogo Fernandes and Michael White from putting Yarmouth ahead.
Fernandes got his goal on 36 minutes after an individual run ended with an unstoppable shot from around 20 yards out.
The Bloaters’ second came on 78 minutes when Jak Hume ended a good passing move to slot home left-footed from inside the box.
The contest was all over two minutes later when Ronaldo Qoopre De Barra was left with a tap-in in the six-yard box. Yarmouth had to call on the services of keeper Russell Cook to preserve the advantage.
The Reserves have now gone seven games undefeated and are looking forward to tomorrow’s home clash with league leaders Maldon & Tiptree Reserves at the Wellesley.
Team: Cook, Kemp, White, Hall, Bartley, Vincent, Jobbagy, Paiva, Wise, Fernandes, Hume. Rolling subs: Qoopre de Barra, Marczenko, Clark.