Legends set for Emerald Park
IF you thought you’d seen the last of Darren Huckerby’s skills on a football pitch, think again.
Huckerby, and a number of other ex-Canaries, are part of Dale Gordon’s Legends squad that will be taking on a team of Gorleston Legends at Emerald Park on Sunday, April 17.
Ipswich Town will also be well represented in the squad with the likes of Matt Holland and ex-Liverpool player John Wark featuring.
The match is the first in a series of Legends games to be held around the region over the next few months.
Others in the Legends squad are Neville Southall, Brian Gunn, Simon Milton, Chris Kiwomya, Jason Dozzell, Dean Ashton, Paul McVeigh, Mike Milligan, Darren Eadie and Iwan Roberts. The referee will be former Premiership referee Dermot Gallagher.
The Gorleston squad is being managed by Chris Clements and is expected to include Paul Gibbs, Gary Ingram and Gary Skeggs.
The game will kick off at 3pm but prior to that there will be a youth tournament on the main pitch involving 20 teams from the area.
- 1 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 2 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 3 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 4 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 5 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 6 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 7 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 8 Crews called to collapsed walker on remote Norfolk Broads' path
- 9 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 10 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
Entry for the day is �10 for adults and �5 children and concessions, and fans will also be able to enjoy burgers, ice cream, candy floss and a bar.
A raffle will also be held for shirts signed by the players.
Gorleston still have some players available to sponsor at �50 a time which includes entrance to the game and your details in the match programme. If anybody is interested in sponsoring then contact the club on 07885 216101.
Tickets are available from the club on the above number and from Legends Events on 07545 034375. You can also get them from Music Lovers on Gorleston High Street or The Barber Shop in Market Row, Great Yarmouth.