Medals flow for skaters
ROLLER SKATING: Retroskate Artistic Roller Skating Club returned from the Soham Gala with ten medals won by skaters of all ages and abilities from the club.
Lucy Tuddenham gained second place and Charlotte Huxtable third in open age novice figures. Amy Hewitt won second place for her figures in the open age non-qualified event.
Dulcie Read, new to the elementary figure standard, took a well-earned third place. Harley Hunt (GB Skater) was placed second in the under-eight category.
Danielle Tuddenham skated a beautiful free programme, taking a first place, and Philip Flint laid down a strong programme to take a second place in the unqualified free event.
Abbie Hendry skated herself into first place with a fantastic new programme. Charlotte Maclennan was second and Gemma Cook third, meaning Retroskate took all three top places in the unqualified event.
You may also want to watch:
Twenty-three skaters from the Great Yarmouth club travelled to Soham and they all skated extremely well. They are now looking forward to their visit from Great Britain junior champion Chris Fox, who will be using Retroskate’s rink to train and will be holding a training session with the retro skaters.
For more info on public sessions, grades, free skating, figures or dance call 01493 854349 or visit www.retroskate.net, www.retroskateartistic.net
- 1 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 2 Funding worth £98m secured for Yarmouth's Third River Crossing
- 3 ‘It was my life’ - Lollipop lady retires after 45 years serving village school
- 4 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 5 Norfolk needs own Covid tier, say MPs ahead of restrictions decision
- 6 Delays expected in Great Yarmouth due to quayside roadworks
- 7 Woman, 30s, repeatedly punched in face during assault at Asda
- 8 The most wanted men in Norfolk: have you seen these criminals?
- 9 Welcome to our new website
- 10 How Norfolk coupon queen's new bargain bible could help you save