Medals for Yarmouth runners Amy, and Josh in Norfolk contest
Great Yarmouth and District AC
Several athletes from the Great Yarmouth and District Athletic Club competed in the Norfolk County Cross Country Championships at Thetford.
The heathland course was to prove a tough but interesting course. Amy Dowsett, in the under-13 girls’ race, had a great start but could not quite catch the leading runner and finished strongly in second place.
In the same race Daisy Spurway, running up an age group, finished in a very good seventh place.
Chloe Long finished ninth, Holly Baker 10th and Erin Erwin 11th – a great effort from them all.
You may also want to watch:
Josh Clark, running in the under-15 boys’ race put in a great start trying to stay with the hot favourite which he managed for nearly half the race. Coming into the second lap he began to lose contact but did rally towards the end of the race to secure a third place. Kane Simmonds ran a steady race to finish in fifth place.
In the under-17 boys race Kyle Ella just missed out on a medal, finishing fourth, with Keelan Pywell taking fifth place.
- 1 Fresh bid to knock down village pub for homes and shops
- 2 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 3 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 4 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 5 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 6 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 7 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 8 Search for woman, 64, missing from residential home
- 9 Woman missing from residential home found 'safe and well' after search
- 10 'Appalling' - bid for flat-pack flats sparks anger on coast
Catherine Lee again just missed out on a medal position finishing fifth with Kelly Pywell in ninth place.Under-13 boys Michael and Peter Cross, running in their first championship event finished in sixth and eighth position.
Phoebe Baker, in the under-15 girls race, finished in sixth place.
The first U11 boy home was Levi Lawson in 10th place with Kai Beadle 14th and Rhys Forster 15th. In the under-11 girls race Abigail Bales had a good sixth place with Kitty Spurway in 13th place. Senior man Chris Gaye finished 27th and Mark Lawson 28th.
In the Suffolk Cross Country championships Dominic Oliver in the U17 boys race put in a great run to finish in second place for the silver medal and Tamsin Desborough in the U20 race finished in sixth place. Several runners from these championships will be selected to represent Norfolk in the Inter Counties Cross Country Championships at Birmingham.