Membership boost for Acle bowls club
Acle Indoor Bowls AGM started with a presentation of a cheque for �1100 to Caister Lifeboat which was received by Dennis George, who gave a brief history of the Caister Lifeboat and its crew.
Manager and club secretary Denis Goodley reported an increase in membership of another 66 new members. Thanks went to the sponsors of the teams and it was announced that the main space on the scoreboard is free for a new sponsor.
This area is live on the internet at all times and with over 250,000 hits it is hoped a sponsor will take up the space shortly. He thanked the stewards who volunteer their time, Presidents Gillian and Ron Taylor for their work and on the IT side of the club website.
The coaches’ work was highlighted for their time given to the young bowlers and those not so young. A special mention went to Majorie Tooley and Eric George who look after the bowls carpet and lounge areas.
You may also want to watch:
The treasurer gave her report showing a highly-successful year and a balance of �27,968.
Chairman Maurice Shreeve congratulated Daniel Seaborne for winning the U25 Norfolk County Singles Championship, and George Tubby for winning the Norfolk County Men’s Singles Championship.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 'One of a kind' home with golf simulator and gym is for sale for £795,000
- 5 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 6 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 7 Killer shrimp 'no-fishing' barriers torn down by vandals in the Broads
- 8 'Too many holiday homes' - Residents object to conversion bid
- 9 £250,000 of cannabis found in two cars on A11
- 10 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
Officers and captains were elected for the 2012/13 season. Some space is still available for further teams to be entered into the leagues next season. The presentation evening is on Saturday, May 5, 7.30pm �5 a head.
The Great Yarmouth Festival of Bowls starts on Sunday, August 26 and lasts for four weeks. The greens are situated right next to the beach and adjacent to the Britania Pier. The Mens Pairs-Mens Fours-Ladies singles and the U25 singles will be played August 26-31.
Men’s singles and triples plus the ladies pair and triples between September 2-7. The mixed pairs and mixed Triples between September 9-14. The final week sees the Open O60 singles and pairs. Total prize money is in the region of �10,000.
Entry forms can be obtained from and returned to; Bowls Tournament, Great Yarmouth Tourism, Maritime House, 25 Marine Parade, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR30 2EN. Telephone 01493 846343 or call Tournament Manager Mr Derek Webster on 01493 603976 or Mr Tony Dunton on 01603 811712, e-mail Anthony.email@example.com
Closing date for entries is June 1.