Membership boost for Acle bowls club
Acle Indoor Bowls AGM started with a presentation of a cheque for �1100 to Caister Lifeboat which was received by Dennis George, who gave a brief history of the Caister Lifeboat and its crew.
Manager and club secretary Denis Goodley reported an increase in membership of another 66 new members. Thanks went to the sponsors of the teams and it was announced that the main space on the scoreboard is free for a new sponsor.
This area is live on the internet at all times and with over 250,000 hits it is hoped a sponsor will take up the space shortly. He thanked the stewards who volunteer their time, Presidents Gillian and Ron Taylor for their work and on the IT side of the club website.
The coaches’ work was highlighted for their time given to the young bowlers and those not so young. A special mention went to Majorie Tooley and Eric George who look after the bowls carpet and lounge areas.
You may also want to watch:
The treasurer gave her report showing a highly-successful year and a balance of �27,968.
Chairman Maurice Shreeve congratulated Daniel Seaborne for winning the U25 Norfolk County Singles Championship, and George Tubby for winning the Norfolk County Men’s Singles Championship.
- 1 Furious villagers claim chicken farm was approved 'under the radar'
- 2 'Magna Carta is no defence' - Man caught fishing illegally on Broads
- 3 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 4 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 5 'We will have to work at it' - mixed reaction as Great Yarmouth in tier 2
- 6 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 7 'I think it's pretty fair' - Great Yarmouth people react to Tier 2 announcement
- 8 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 9 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 10 'I gave it a good run': Postmistress of 27 years retires due to Covid
Officers and captains were elected for the 2012/13 season. Some space is still available for further teams to be entered into the leagues next season. The presentation evening is on Saturday, May 5, 7.30pm �5 a head.
The Great Yarmouth Festival of Bowls starts on Sunday, August 26 and lasts for four weeks. The greens are situated right next to the beach and adjacent to the Britania Pier. The Mens Pairs-Mens Fours-Ladies singles and the U25 singles will be played August 26-31.
Men’s singles and triples plus the ladies pair and triples between September 2-7. The mixed pairs and mixed Triples between September 9-14. The final week sees the Open O60 singles and pairs. Total prize money is in the region of �10,000.
Entry forms can be obtained from and returned to; Bowls Tournament, Great Yarmouth Tourism, Maritime House, 25 Marine Parade, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR30 2EN. Telephone 01493 846343 or call Tournament Manager Mr Derek Webster on 01493 603976 or Mr Tony Dunton on 01603 811712, e-mail Anthony.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for entries is June 1.