Midweek games likely for clubs
Great Yarmouth and District Football League
The league programme was decimated last weekend by the deluge of rain over Friday night.
Due to the recent postponements since Christmas, clubs are advised that weekday fixtures at the end of April and early May are increasingly likely.
There was only one match, in Division One, where Yarmouth Peelers hosted Great Yarmouth International on the 3G pitch at Lynn Grove.
In a game that swung back and forth, it was the visitors who took the points with a hard-earned 4-3 win.
The win will give International great belief over the next couple weeks as they warm up for a League Cup semi-final next Saturday against MK United.
Peelers, however, were disappointed not to take at least a share of the spoils. The result leaves them just one point above the relegation zone.
- 1 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 2 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 3 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter
- 4 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 5 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 6 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 7 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 8 Tributes to 'wonderful' school head who loved to see children learn
- 9 Pleasure Beach to hold fireworks spectacular for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 'Spectacular' parade of horses to celebrate Queen's Jubilee on Golden Mile
The first semi-final takes place this weekend as Catfield and Bohemians do battle for a place in the HA Holmes League Cup final.
The final is on Wednesday, April 6, at the Wellesley.
All teams in semi-final action must note that officials’ fees are split 50/50 by both teams.
Any new or current club or team looking for a new challenge in the Great Yarmouth and District Football League for the 2011-12 season can contact the league secretary on 01493 602345 or 07788592529. Alternatively, email email@example.com
The league is a competitive one for teams on a Saturday and is open to any team or club within 12 miles of Great Yarmouth. They offer football for adults from 16 through to veterans.
The league is also seeking sponsors for its cup finals for this season, plus a league sponsor is also being sought for the 2011-12 season.
Anyone who would like to know more should email the league secretary or league treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be happy to give details on how the league and their companies can benefit each other.
Result. Division One: GY Peelers 3, GY International 4.
Fixtures March 5, 2.30pm. HA Holmes League Cup semi-final (extra-time and penalties): Catfield v Bohemians (Beaco, Tony Webb, Tony Hanson, David Tozer)
Division One: Feathers v Albion (Mill Lane, Paul Emblem); Norfolk N Chance v Caister A (Beaco, Robert Drake); GY International v MK United (Mill Lane, Nigel Evans); GY United v GY Peelers (Beaco, Brian Russell).
Division Two: Belton v Caister Youth (Burgh Castle, Keith Greensides); Caister CC v Martham A (Beaco, Bob Bradnum); South Yarmouth v Arches (Halvergate, Peter Cater); Prostar Windows v Carpathians (Mill Lane, Robert Manship); MK United Reserves v Wellington (Mill Lane, David Codling).