Multi sports for disabled
A NEW disability multi-sports course is being launched at Lynn Grove High School by Football in the Community.The 10-week course, designed for children and adults with learning and physical disabilities, includes sports such as football, basketball, table tennis and tri-golf.
A NEW disability multi-sports course is being launched at Lynn Grove High School by Football in the Community.
The 10-week course, designed for children and adults with learning and physical disabilities, includes sports such as football, basketball, table tennis and tri-golf.
It is hoped the participants will gain in confidence and social skills, leading them becoming more involved with disability sport.
Coach-to-player ratio is high to ensure as much contact time with participants as possible.
Football in the Community is also looking for volunteers to help support the sessions.
The course is part funded by the Football League Trust 'Every Player Counts' initiative and costs �2 per session which are taking place every Saturday at Lynn Grove until March 27.
- 1 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 2 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 3 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 4 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 5 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 6 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 7 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
- 8 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 9 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 10 Pleasure Beach to hold fireworks spectacular for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
FITC disability officer Laurence York said: “We are delighted we can offer this course at such a discounted rate, and we would like to thank Lynn Grove High School for the use of their excellent facilities. I would like to see many children and adults benefit from this course.”
Contact Darran Lovell or Laurence York on 01603 761122 to book a place, or for further information.