New six-a-side league seeking teams
A new six-a-side community football league will kick off at Cliff Park High School Astroturf on Monday, October 29 and organisers are appealing for teams to register ahead of the big kick-off.
The 14-week season will run every Monday evening between 8pm and 10pm on the Astroturf for 40-minute games and only �4 per player with space available for up to 16 teams to take part.
League manager Chris Murphy, said: “This is the first time we have organised a community league in Great Yarmouth.
“t is exciting times. All equipment is provided and I will be writing weekly match reports with scorers’ names and will also be including comments from team captains which will help to give a really professional feel to the league.”
The league is FA Affiliated with qualified referees officiating all matches which last 40 minutes. There is no entry or registration fee to the league and teams are able to use flexible squads.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in taking part should register online at www.soccersixes.net.
They can also text Chris on 07969 182580.
- 1 Woman's third bid to have guesthouse converted into HMO rejected
- 2 Beach and dunes depleted by 'massive forces' as high tides hit
- 3 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 4 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 5 Construction of £26m Marina Centre to begin in coming weeks
- 6 Road closed for two days for resurfacing
- 7 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 8 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 9 'The most difficult one yet' - Knitting queen displays her latest creation
- 10 Warning about ‘you’re wanted for arrest’ cold call tax scam