Norfolk & Suffolk Youth League round-up
- Credit: Archant
Goals from Jack, Ethan, Alexander and four from Connor kept Great Yarmouth Town in fourth position in Under-16 Division One of the Norfolk and Suffolk Youth League.
Despite Dean pulling a goal back Great Yarmouth proved too strong for the Tornados of Gorleston.
Shrublands are also surging up the table thanks to a 5-2 win over Bungay Town 5-2, despite two goals for Jordan.
Goals from Ben, Scott and George secured a point and fourth position in Under-16 Division Two as Stalham drew 3-3 with Kirkley and Pakefield Titans who had Owen, Mustafa and Joe on their score sheet. Kirkley Wildcats are second but they suffered a home defeat to the Eagles of Gorleston Rangers who move up to third position.
The Under-15 Division Two match of the day saw Acle in third place challenge second placed Bungay and despite Acle goals from Bailey and Ben the match remained at 2-2. Joshua and Josh C and Josh B all scored hat-tricks in Waveney Lions’ encounter with the Vikings of Kirkley. Lewis also netted a hat-trick while there were two goals from Connor and a solo strike from Morgan.
Waveney Tigers remain top of Under-15 Division Two after a 5-0 home win over Mutford and Wrentham. Closing in on the Tigers are the Wasps of Beccles Town - goals from Jay, Robin and Scott secured three points in a 3-0 win at GFC Tornados. Great Yarmouth stay third despite conceding goals from Alex and Jayden in a 2-1 Martham victory.
Kirkley Panthers lead the Under-14 Division after their 9-0 home win over Bohemians Galaxy, but six goals from Connor and one a piece for Levi and Joshua kept Waveney Panthers in second position after their 8-0 away win at Bungay Town..
- 1 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 2 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 3 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 4 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 5 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 6 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 7 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 8 Charity football match to boost Norfolk and Waveney MIND
- 9 Green light for quarry's expansion and longer life
- 10 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
The Whites of Shrublands extended their lead in Under-13 Division Two with a 10-1 home win over the Wildcats of Kirkley and Pakefield. Beccles Town Bees went top of Under-13 Division Three with goals from Caleb and Nathan but Great Yarmouth Town fought back with goals from Brogan and Kieran to draw 2-2. The Hornets of Beccles Town sealed their first win of the season with goals from Marcel and Julian (2) seeing off hosts Worstead.