Norfolk and Suffolk Youth League back up and running after break
- Credit: Archant
After a couple of weekends that were ruined by the weather the Norfolk and Suffolk Youth League got back into full swing with a programme of cup and shield football.
Gorleston Rangers Golden Eagles progressed in the under-12 cup with goals from Samuel, Leighton and Ashton in their home win over the Thundercats of Waveney.
Joining them in the next round will be their Hawks team who found the net seven times against the Wildcats of Kirkley and Pakefield.
Caister Roma claimed a close fought 3-2 away win at Gorleston Rangers Falcons. The Falcons celebrated goals from Bernardo and Sergio while Caister’s scorers were Alfie, Callum and Oscar.
At under-13 level Shrublands Whites won in the cup with as goals from Caleb, Jack, Samuel, Jacob, Jared and Samir secured a 9-0 home win over the Bees of Beccles. Gorleston Rangers Hawks also progressed with a thumping 10-1 home win over Mutford and Wrentham Galaxy.
Jumping two years to the under-15 cup and goals from Davante, Jayden, Wesley, Alfie and Ryan with two saw Gorleston Rangers Eagles beat Bungay Town 6-0.
The league also had two of the teams out on County Cup duty with Shrublands winning at St Andrews 3-1 in the John Savage Cup while Bohemians Galaxy in the Stuart Dracup Cup had goals from Floyd, Joe and two from Kieran in a 4-1 win at Brooke.
- 1 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 2 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 3 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 4 Village gets together to repair empty home for Ukrainian refugees
- 5 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
- 6 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 7 Access road for driveways denied to Gorleston residents
- 8 Pupils 'not afraid to share ideas' - School praised by Ofsted
- 9 Consultant maps his medical journey
- 10 The seven cheapest streets in Great Yarmouth
In the shield competition at under-12 the Lynx of Burnt Hill recorded a 4-1 away win at the Wasps of Beccles Town and Hayden scored twice for Sole Bay to return home 2-0 winners away at Harleston.
Heigham Park Rangers had goals from Finlay, Billy and Mackenzie to book their place in the next round after going a goal behind to Gorleston Rangers Eagles who had Oliver on target, and the Pumas of Waveney had a 2-0 home win over Shrublands. In the under 13 shield all the visiting teams returned home with victories, Gt Yarmouth 3-1 at Beccles Hornets who had Charlie on the scoresheet, Bungay Black Dogs with goals from Edwin, Rhys, Daniel and William (4) in a 7-3 win at Loddon Inter and Gt Yarmouth 1897 team with 11 goals on their travels at thd Reds of Shrublands.
In the under 15 shield and the Hurricanes of Gorleston FC won 18-0 at Freethorpe while there were also wins for Martham and Acle United.