Park runners have socks appeal
Gorleston Park runners celebrated their 21st 'coming-of-age' event with an 'oddsocks' day. The variety of colours shapes and sizes of the socks of the 40 entrants was a sight to behold.
Gorleston Park runners celebrated their 21st 'coming-of-age' event with an 'oddsocks' day. The variety of colours shapes and sizes of the socks of the 40 entrants was a sight to behold. Also, some matching sock prizes were awarded to those who had completed the most runs and also to 'rearguard heroines and heroes' who are as much winners as those at the front. New entrants made winning starts.
In his first appearance, Andrew Manning (VM40-44) of Great Yarmouth Road Runners won in a time of 19:19.
David R Hughes (VM45-49) was second by nine seconds recording 19:28. Vinny Jones, (SM25-29) placed third in a time of 20:00.
In her first appearance, Nichola Seeley (SW20-24) won in a time of 28:04, leading Sally Ann Hewitt (VW55-59) representing Wellingborough and District AC by just five seconds. Sarah Sharman, (SW30-34) was third in 28:43.
In the age graded competition, David R Hughes recorded a performance of 72.86 percent.
In the points competition Peter Smith has a lead of 74 points over second-placed Howard Wilcox. Janet Sanderson leads Avril Lilly by 257 in the ladies competition.
- 1 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston
- 2 Four men arrested following altercation by Great Yarmouth pub
- 3 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 4 Yarmouth's wizard hotel to appear on Four in a Bed
- 5 Man who raped teen jailed for six years
- 6 Man to be sentenced next month over Norfolk pub attack
- 7 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 8 Date set for road reopening after sewer collapse
- 9 Hospital opens £1.2m eye operation theatre to cut waiting times
- 10 TV show filmed in Norfolk starring Ainsley Harriott to air this month
This week there were five first timers and 14 runners recorded pbs. The total distance covered since starting is 4,025 kilometres.