Pillar strikes to put Windmill in final
Aston Shaw Great Yarmouth Sunday Football League
WINDMILL produced a stirring comeback to book themselves a place in the final of the First Division League Cup after beating Camden Tavern 3-2.
In a game watched by a crowd of over 200, Camden worked their way into a 2-0 lead. But Windmill, who were probably the better side in possession on the day, fought back to level before finding a winner three minutes from time thanks to Chad Pillar.
Their opponents in the final are still not known as the game between Hemsby and Great Yarmouth Sunday was postponed due to the weather.
The Second Division League Cup final will be between Camden Tavern Reserves and Martham following their semi-final victories.
Martham beat Lichfield Arms by 4-2 despite playing for over an hour with 10 men following the dismissal of their keeper, whilst Camden had a far easier time in defeating Gorleston Albion Reserves 7-0.
At Sunday’s club meeting the draws were made for the next round of the KO Cup and KO Plate. KO Cup semi-finals: Acle Wanderers v Camden Tavern, Windmill v Rollesby; KO Plate quarter-finals: Carpathians v Lichfield Arms, Bohemians v Venture Albion, Memphis Belton v Gt Yarmouth Sunday, Hembsy v Yarmouth White Sox.
- 1 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 2 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 3 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 4 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 5 Mixed feelings for traders as they move into Great Yarmouth's new market
- 6 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 7 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 8 Pleasure Beach to hold fireworks spectacular for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 10 'Spectacular' parade of horses to celebrate Queen's Jubilee on Golden Mile
The league would like to hear from any new clubs who may be interested in joining it for the 2011/12 season.
Contact Peter Futter on 07988 308086.
Clubs can keep up to date with all league news, fixtures, results and tables through http://gtyarmouthsundayleague.blogspot.com/
Division One League Cup semi-finals: Camden Tavern 2, Windmill 3; Hembsy v Gt Yarmouth Sunday postponed.
Division Two League Cup semi-finals: Camden Tavern Reserves 7, Gorleston Albion Reserves 0; Lichfield Arms 2, Martham 4.
Fixtures Sunday, March 6.
Division One: Camden Tavern v Acle Wanderers (Beaco), El Sol v Gt Yarmouth Sunday (Green Lane), Memphis Belton v Hembsy (Mill Lane), Rollesby v Star & Garter (Rollesby), Windmill v Gorleston Albion (Beaco).
Division Two: Carpathains v Sun (Ormesby), Leisureland v Camden Tavern Reserves (Mill Lane), Lichfield Arms v Bohemians (Mill Lane), Mariners Compass v Venture Albion (Mill Lane), Yarmouth White Sox v Gorleston Rangers (Beaco).