Points bonus for Windmill
Aston Shaw Great Yarmouth Sunday Football League
It was a red-letter day for Windmill who picked up six league points. Their original fixture against Star and Garter was called off by Star after they could not raise a side so Windmill picked up a walkover.
Then in a re-arranged fixture they went to Hemsby and won by a 17-0 margin to make it eight wins from eight games played, which sees them just a point behind leaders Camden Tavern, who hit Memphis Belton for 12-0. Camden have played a game more and the two sides clash this week in the First Division Cup semi-finals.
El Sol are also a point behind the leaders, albeit from a game more, as they picked up a good 5-2 win at Great Yarmouth Sunday whilst Rollesby defeated Acle Wanderers by the same scoreline.
The trio of clubs at the top of the third division all picked up three points. White Sox remain top following their 4-2 win at Gorleston Albion but Camden Tavern Reserves and Martham all closed the goal difference following 7-2 and 6-2 wins at Carpathians and Venture Albion.
Bohemians beat Gorleston Rangers 3-2, Mariners Compass beat Leisureland 4-2, the same scoreline by which Lichfield beat Sun.
There is a full club meeting on Sunday, 8pm at the Gorleston Albion Public House.
- 1 Landlord finds 20 rabbits abandoned at home after tenants move out
- 2 Driver caught at speeds of nearly 100mph also found to have no licence
- 3 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 4 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 5 5 of the best places to spot celebrities in and around Yarmouth
- 6 Six arrested after Willow the dog finds 'substantial' quantity of drugs
- 7 Father still searching six months after Pawel Martyniak went missing
- 8 From schools to shops: All you need to know about living in Gorleston
- 9 Winterton beach poses as Sydney's Bondi in new movie
- 10 First look as Ainsley Harriott and Grace Dent visit Yarmouth for TV show
Clubs can keep up to date with all league news, fixtures, results and tables via the website which http://gtyarmouthsundayleague.blogspot.com/
Division One: Camden Tavern 12, Memphis Belton 0; Great Yarmouth Town 2, El Sol; Hembsy 0, Windmill 17; Rollesby 5, Acle Wanderers 2.
Division Two: Carpathians 2, Camden Tavern Reserve 7; Gorleston Albion 2, Yarmouth White Sox 4; Gorleston Rangers 2, Bohemians 3; Mariners Compass 4, Leisureland 2; Sun 2, Lichfield Arms 4; Venture Albion 2, Martham 6
Fixtures Sunday, February 20.
Division One League Cup semi-finals: Camden Tavern v Windmill (A Russell, B Russell, S Whitefoot, Beaco); Hembsy v Great Yarmouth Sunday (R Manship, W Hanson, G Parsons, Hembsy).
Division Two League Cup semi-finals: Camden Tavern Reserves v Gorleston Albion Reserves (R Bradnum, A Anguish, R Stanton, Beaco); Lichfield Arms v Martham (N Evans, G Gray, D Tozer, Beaco).