Proud season for Gorleston Rangers
GORLESTON Rangers FC, founded in 1984, has gone from strength to strength over the years culminating in its most successful season during 2010/2011.
The club entered 23 teams in the Norfolk and Suffolk Youth League, two girls’ teams in the Norfolk Women’s and Girls’ League and one adult team in the Aston Shaw Sunday League.
At the close of the season the following teams had achieved a significant number of league honours: 8A and 8C teams were awarded Fair Play Trophies, the 9C team won the Shield and were runners-up in Division One, the 9B team were declared champions in Division Two.
The U11s achieved runners-up status in Division Three, the 12As secured a league and cup double when they were crowned champions of Division One, the 12D team were Shield finalists and champions of Division Two, closely followed by the 12C team who were declared runners-up in Division Two.
The 13A team were Division One champions for the fourth consecutive season, winners of the Ipswich Open Cup and finalists in the League Cup.The 13B team achieved runners-up status in Division Two and were also awarded the Fair Play Trophy.
The 14A team were finalists in both the Norfolk County Cup and the League Cup as well as achieving runners-up position in Division One.
The 15B team were crowned champions in Division Two and the U16s were crowned champions in Division One.
- 1 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 2 Work begins on £3m Great Yarmouth council flats development
- 3 Hero boxer rescues man who plunged into river to save dog
- 4 Drone shots show British warship anchored off Yarmouth ahead of Jubilee
- 5 Man stopped by police while driving day after admitting he had no licence
- 6 Vets expanding to garage site amid surge in new animal owners
- 7 Great Yarmouth Pride march postponed amid council criticism
- 8 Your chance to run a takeaway pitch on Gorleston seafront
- 9 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 10 Pleasure Beach to hold fireworks spectacular for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
In addition to these awards the 14 girls team secured top spot in Division Two in their league.
The largest youth football club in Norfolk, Gorleston Rangers FC is a Charter Standard Development Club, a status which reflects the high standards set by the club’s personnel.
All coaches hold a minimum of Level 1 coaching qualifications, hold first aid certificates and have been given CRB clearance.
The club also offers opportunities for beginners in the shape of both U5 and U6 midweek training together with a Saturday morning soccer school for all ages.
The annual tournament is probably the biggest tournament in the area with around 200 teams aged from seven to 16 and this year will be held at the Ormiston Academy in Gorleston on Saturday and Sunday, June 18 and 19.
Gorleston Rangers is now looking ahead to the 2011/2012 season and hoping to build on the successes achieved recently.
If you are looking to play football in a quality environment with a successful club, or you would like to opportunity to coach young players or provide sponsorship for one of the teams then contact either Chris Dunne on 01493 601256 or Graham Gibbins on 01502 730923.