Pywell leads GYDAC challenge in Fritton Lake duathlon
On a beautiful Sunday morning, Fritton Lake Country Park was busy with enthusiastic athletes.
They were all ready to compete in the first Cross Country Duathlon organised by Active Outdoor Sport, Norwich.
Three members of Great Yarmouth and District Athletic Club took part in this new event – which comprises a 3k run, followed by a 10k cycle ride which required a mountain bike and another 3k run.
It was all offroad on trails and on “sticky” surfaces throughout the woods but the sunshine helped to mask the pain.
First home was Keelan Pywell who finished 12th overall in a time of 1-03:13.
Adele Postle was next with a time of 1-13:13 and Pat Brightman finished in a time of 1-57:09. All three finished second in the respective age categories.
The next local races are this Sunday the Wymondham 20 Mile. This is a good warm-up race for the forthcoming spring marathons like Paris and London.
- 1 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 2 Palmers: What is the plan, and when will it be finished?
- 3 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
- 4 Four fire crews tackle flat blaze in Great Yarmouth
- 5 New York, Paris, Peckham, Great Yarmouth - Only Fools stars coming to town
- 6 New Norfolk café is selling out of its custard tarts and Nutella-filled croissants
- 7 'The best yet' - Yarmouth's celebration of wheels gearing up for return
- 8 Village gets together to repair empty home for Ukrainian refugees
- 9 Roadworks to be aware of in and around Great Yarmouth this week
- 10 New seafront festival promises feast of family fun
The Fritton Lake Off Road Half Marathon is on Sunday, March 18, 11am start.
The Mad March Hare 10k organised by Coltishall Jaguars will take placed on Sunday, March 25.