Pywell records fourth win in popular parkrun
FOR the 120th parkrun at Gorleston there were 68 runners, of whom seven were first timers and 14 recorded new personal best times. Representatives of 10 different athletics clubs took part.
Gorleston parkrun started on April 25, 2009, and since then 909 different runners, including participants from 75 athletics clubs, have completed 7,525 runs covering a total distance of 37,625km, and there have been 1,741 new personal bests.
The women’s course record is held by Jess Petersson who ran in a time of 17:50 on June 6, 2009 (event No 7).
The men’s course record is held by Craig Hopkins who ran in a time of 15:59 on December 19, 2009 (event No 35).
The age grade course record is held by Brian Tate who recorded a 85.95 per cent run (19:20) on April 16, 2011 (event No 104).
In the latest run the men’s placings were led by Keelan Pywell (JM15-19) of Great Yarmouth & District AC, in 18:20 – his fourth win in his 38th appearance.
David R Hughes (VM45-49) (Unattached) was second in 18:55 – nine previous wins.
- 1 Sammy, 6, finds 'once-in-a-lifetime' rare fossil on beach
- 2 Six ways Yarmouth wants to solve its housing crisis and 'compete with Norwich'
- 3 'Well-respected' tattoo artist died at home after taking cocaine
- 4 Man died on 50th birthday at Norfolk coastal campsite
- 5 Bid to extend life of quarry in Broads' village to 85 years
- 6 Gorleston murder accused not yet fit to enter plea
- 7 Port boss disappointed over cruise ship non-docking
- 8 Birthday card plea for 'amazing' Rita who is turning 108
- 9 Free open top bus tours to show off Great Yarmouth's seafront
- 10 Seaside bar taken over for three weeks by Hollywood crew shooting film
Kyle Ella (JM15-19) of Great Yarmouth & District AC, was third in 19:08.
Current standing in the men’s annual points competition: David R Hughes (Unattached) 1469 points; Nick Overy (Unattached) 1317; Darren Cains (Unattached) 1269.
Women’s placings: Victoria Swanston (SW30-34) of Lowestoft Road Runners was first (22nd overall) in 23:22 – her 12th win in her 45th appearance. Penny Studley (VW35-39) of Great Yarmouth & District AC, was second (30th overall) in 24:34 – two previous wins. Donna Suzanne Jones (SW30-34,Unattached) was third (31st overall) in 24:42.
Current standing in the women’s annual points competition: Tabatha Sims (Unattached) 1500 pts; Maria Ball (Unattached) 1382; Elaine Stone (Unattached) 1282.
The following runners recorded the best age grade scores: David R Hughes (VM45-49) was graded 76.12 per cent for the time 18:55 (second overall); eelan Pywell (JM15-19) was graded 75.91 for the time 18:20 (first overall); Mike King (VM60-64) was graded 74.46 for the time 21:44 (12th overall).